Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

Hi Stan, I am sorry but also worried about your condition.

I have found, and this is no secret for nobody,that sleep is VERY IMPORTANT in tnis process, and in life in general.

I have noticed a close relation between a "good" night and a better day; to get at least some rest makes a big difference in this process at least for me.

I help myself the best I can to fight the awful and dangerous insomnia.

I know that we must try to stay away from psichotropic medication, and I do so.I try to go all the natural I can to cope with insomnia.

However, if I feel that a small amount of med. will keep from an emergency situation because of lack of sleep, I take it.But this is me, and I am in early withdrawal.

My question to you Stan is, with all due respect, do you help yourself in any way to get a better rest during the night?Because I read that you don´t like to take supplements or anything....

I hope you feel better and get better rest.

Alex,
    my bad sleeping began after one year off meds, prostate, dry eyes and mouth, and kind of zaps when horizontal lying, recently i have once a week my tongue with blood, i thought it was gum, but seems lungs(i have a kind mild bronchitis since 20 years) ; i agree to rest, to good sleep, bur in my case it is difficult, awaking each hour(finally it helps while little peeing, i can drunk a little for my dry mouth)
    i take no supplement, i do not want , in the future i do not know, will see;
    i my case it is difficult to sleep; today i arrive to sleep 4/5 hours; it is much because some can only sleep 3 hours;
    since three days, no blood in mouth,
    i will go to check echography of heart next month, and for lungs will see slowly what do, if blood, to not stress me;
    i have since two days severe derealization back, but in the same time less chest pain when walk, i am in full improving and waves actually; during 3,5 years i had very very little improvements, now visible improvements;
    my sqeletal muscles pains(kind of fibromyalgia) have lessened, more in upper back pain and spine;
    i know all will come back, but go away again
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

DYSAUTONOMIA/saliva

when I lie horizontally, I have no more saliva in the mouth, eyes, nose (and perhaps in the lungs, intestines?)
    standing, I have 80% of saliva
    something is not plugged in the good place, dysautonomia
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

One more thought, Stan - it looks like, when you cough lying down + the dry mouth (nose, etc.), it takes toll on your throat lungs and worsens your bleeding symptoms a lot. If your body already sorted out this lack of salivation, all the rest would improve significantly. That's my strong conviction.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

The fact that position makes a difference makes me wonder if there is a mechanical factor -- like some pressure somewhere on the spine.

My feet get worse when I lie down now. In early w/d, I would get severely depressed when I lay down to do floor exercises in the morning -- this doesn't happen any more.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

the position makes a difference, but in upright position, it is here but manageable actually;
    what i have is a kind of chronic bronchitis since 10..20 years, and i cough in the morning; and i do not have full mouth blood every day, only once a week actually;
    actually, i rarely cough when lying, Luc;
    i will buy orange today for vitamin C

Stan, many people mention ACV and garlic as being very effective in treating bronchitis. Maybe you could try one of those? Plus, ACV especially, has remarkable detox properties. I've been taking at least a tablespoon of it daily.

Talking of "a mechanical factor and the pressure on the spine", I have no doubt it is so often the case. There has been this specific type of movement/body position that have caused severe worsening of symptoms in my case. It took me a lot of time to figure it out, but the correlation and causation is simply uncanny. Every time I move about anything heavier than usual by carrying it in *front* of my body, the symptoms follow almost instantaneously.

i took freash garlic the day of bleeding mouth, since i cook it in soup

ACV = apple cider vinegar?, Asks

Stan:
    Sold garlic capsules.

I eat every day apple juice, celery, lemon, carrot and apple and orange (squeezed in blender). Sometimes I add, parsley and spinach.

Remedy to detoxify the body
    Celery and carrot juice

It has diuretic properties that help eliminate toxins from the body thereby regains vitality. It is rich in vitamins, invigorating, regulates blood pressure and antioxidant.

ingredients

225g carrots
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    1 1/2 cups of natural orange juice
    1 large slice of watermelon
    2 finely chopped mint leaves

-Eliminate dairy products from the diet (at least consume products without lactose).
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress