Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 years on psychotropics

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    as if you just turned off a tv football game.
    lol.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

there is no snow east of Paris until today
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

3 years 10,5 months

my nights are still very difficult, dry eyes mouth, nocturia, prostate, dizzy when lying,

pains muscles in spine, ribcage, chest, bowels, heart, eyes focus, hip joints

skin itching or fire in shoulders, head, forearms

one ear death tinnitus, exercise impossible, standing difficult, bowels/bladder/gallbladder problemes

akathisia, derealization, sometime malaise, hyper excitability light/dark, anxiety, memory, cognition

many symptômes are less intense, always the waves/half window pattern, i am still improving

as many, i have a strange problem with my left arm, heart
    Last edited by stan; 02-12-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

I'm sorry you are still suffering Stan. You deserve so much better. But I applaud your courage and patience. As Luc says, "just keep walking".
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Stan, despite the suffering, there's been lots of improvement. And it will continue. You've come a long long way, taking it day after day, hour after hour. It will pay off. If the nights, at least, improved more, you'd feel a great difference. But it will happen too.

Incredible ordeal, mon ami. You are so strong. I am always impressed. Sending healing energy....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

pseudofibromyalgia or fibromyalgia, pain and pain

i have pains all day, and since recent days, jaw pains, middle center chest pain(as heart which i will check in a month), spine, shoulders in fire, ribcage, forearms pain and severe itching forearms, legs muscles pains, maybe i am in a wave of fibro(hope it is not a heart attack, because since the time i would die several time)
    this gives me sensations such as i have no air breathe
    i wish it will not be worse or last long in this intensity;

Dear Stan,
    I'm so sorry to read this, Stan. Having pains all day must be very difficult to endure.
    There is something that I'm wondering about. When do you know that all this pain is caused by withdrawal, and when do you need to visit a doctor because it's something else?
    I feel a little silly here to ask this, I wish I could say something wise to you, but I'm confused about what is a typical withdrawal consequence, and what is something else?
    When do you know?
    I experienced terrible tooth-ache during tapering, it woke me up at night and I was taking a high dose of painkillers for a week .
    In this period I had lost a friendship, so in the back of my mind I knew this could have something to do with it, all the stress and hurt.
    But I still wanted to know for sure, and I went to the dentist who took an x-ray of my tooth, and he couldn't find anything.
    So I knew for sure, that this was stress related, although it felt like I needed a rootcanal-treatment!
    After a little time, the tooth-ache disappeared again, probably because the level of stress lowered down.
    This was the first time I experienced pain that wasn't purely physical, and it still wonders me how the body works, that mental pain can pop-up in your tooth, or in other places of your body.
    But when can you tell that it's purely physical, and you need to have a treatment?
    I read that you have your heart checked regularly, maybe it's an idea to visit a physiotherapist for your muscle-pains? Maybe a good massage would give you some relief?
    I'm not a doctor of course. And I'm not advising you. Just wondering if your pain will go away while waiting for it, or that you have to do something about it, to help yourself.
    Paroxetine 20mg a day, for 13 years
    Tapered for 6 months
    Off meds since August 27, 2012

So sorry to hear about the worsening, Stan. But those really bad periods are getting shorter and shorter. Just hang in there. Did you do anything that may have caused the wave (change in a diet, stress, you strained yourself physically?), or it's one of those waves "out of nowhere"?

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
    I feel a little silly here to ask this, I wish I could say something wise to you, but I'm confused about what is a typical withdrawal consequence, and what is something else?When do you know?
    It's a very good question, Astrid, though there's no perfect answer to it. On the one hand, when one is experiencing so many symptoms in WD, to make sure it's nothing "outside the WD", going to the doctor would have to be an everyday occurence. On the other, in some cases, it's better to be on the safe side and check if everything is ok. I think those of us who *did* suffer from certain physical ailments prior to WD would need to double-check it.