Thread: Someone taking spirulina

Someone taking spirulina

Someone ate spirulina?
    I was taking spirulina. The first days of taking spirulina noticed noises in the head, one week after the noise disappeared. Then stop taking spirulina 3 or 4 days, and the noises in his head turned again.
    This makes me think that spirulina impact on the brain, a connection and / or disconnection in the brain does, because I have it "empirically tested" in my. Any sane person feels no noises in the head to take vitamins, contrary feel more energy, more vitality ... (WD us can not appreciate the benefit, at least in the short term.).
    Recently, I started taking a vitamin pill (nutrof Omega, trade name in Spain) prescribed by the ophthalmologist for a problem with my eye. It also produces noise in my brain
    Anyone else happens?
    I do not know how to define the noise in the brain. Is Tinnitus?, I hear the noise in the head!,)
    Actually, there are small noises, not zapping (I had zapping, and I called it "syndrome voltaic", haha, I did not know how to define it, and so I told my doctor: "I have the voltaic syndrome in my brain "lol, the doctor smiled, looked at me strangely and said what is that?, lol).
    Regards
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

I do not know anything about spirulina, but I looked it up on Wiki and I see it might be high in B vitamins. Normally, B vitamins are very good for the nervous system, but many people in w/d cannot tolerate B vitamins.

I think I know what you mean about hearing noises in your head. I think this has happened to me occasionally. I sounds like something snapping, but it is not in my ear. For me it is usually just one sound and then it stops. It can be very loud. I would say it seems to come from the left side of my head, toward the rear.

I do not know what this is. It could be related to zaps. I do not know why it seems to not be heard by the ear!

It is very interesting that these two supplements are causing noises for you. I am not sure if I understood you, but it is possible that the noises are caused by any *change* -- starting or stopping. You might continue with the Omega and see if the noises calm down??

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

i do not know spiruline, i also discovered it ;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

It looks really good. Here's some more info on it; http://www.naturalnews.com/036101_sp...nutrients.html

Just a couple of excerpts from the article;

Hundreds of studies have confirmed spirulina's powerhouse status. It has 60-70% complete protein, meaning it has all 8 essential amino acids and 10 non-essential ones that support good health. That's more protein than beef, chicken or soybeans. According to Balch, it contains concentrations of nutrients "unlike any other single grain, herb, or plant." Some of its other valuable components include: gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), linoleic acid, arachidonic acid, vitamin B12, iron, nucleic acids RNA & DNA, chlorophyll and phycocyanin, which is found only in blue-green algae and has been shown to increase survival rates in mice with liver cancer (Balch).

Spirulina is highly digestible, protects the immune system, aids in mineral absorption and reduces cholesterol. Originally from warm alkaline lakes in Africa and Central and South America, spirulina was consumed by Aborigines of those places (including the Aztecs) for centuries, verifying its safety and healthful effects on the body.

[...]

It's common knowledge that we should all eat fish for the omega fatty acid content. Where do fish get their high omega content? Blue-green algae like spirulina. Omegas are essential in fighting heart disease, reducing arthritis, osteoporosis, diabetes, and depression as well as lowering bad cholesterol. The high content of vitamin B12 makes it excellent for the development of healthy nerve tissue and the metabolism of every cell in the body. This means spirulina helps with nerve damage and diseases such as fibromyalgia. Spirulina is also known for its high content of beta carotene, which is converted into vitamin A, an essential nutrient needed for healthy immunity, teeth, bones, mucous membranes, skin and eyes.

Spirulina also contains all the other B vitamins, vitamin D, vitamin K, vitamin E, calcium, chromium, copper, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc. It has various antioxidants, phytonutrients and carotenoids. It protects the brain and detoxifies the liver and kidneys. It balances pH to reduce inflammation, the root of much disease. It balances the immune system, including calming an overactive one, which is significant because overactive (or inflamed) immune systems are responsible for autoimmune diseases These usually have their root in poor nutrition and digestion, which spirulina also helps correct.

We just need to be careful about the intake of Vitamin B, as Sheila mentioned. It can sometimes be overstimulating for people in WD.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks for responding.

Good information, luc, thank you very much

My sister recommended I take spirulina.
    It is a direct effect of spirulina (take / or stopping). I will explain better. When I start taking spirulina, the first day I feel noises in the head (not annoying, they are just little noises), after a week of taking it regularly "noises" disappear.

When taking spirulina regularly (every day), when I stop taking the vitamins for a few days, again sounding noises in my head.

It's just a comment, actually, do not mind, always happens with the same pattern and / or intensity. Hence, I came to the conclusion that "something is happening in the brain," something is connecting / disconnecting / changing / restructuring or restoring ...., Before I drugs not noticed anything. I suppose it's that the brain will have become more sensitive, receptive, or whatever you want to say.

Another comment: Before you start taking Seroxat, I took paracetamol or ibuprofen for migraine. Since I started taking Seroxat, I noticed that half the dose of paracetamol or ibuprofen is enough to ease the pain, eg. before taking 1000 mg of paracetamol. Currently take 500mg.

I just wanted to know if someone happens.

(translated into Spanish (is better understood, lol)
    Oh, by the way of noise in the brain look at this (lol)

July 7, 2008 — Canadian scientists have shown that a noisy brain is a healthy brain. "Brain noise" is a term that has been used by neuroscientists to describe random brain activity that is not important to mental function. Intuitive notions of brain-behaviour relationships would suggest that this brain noise quiets down as children mature into adults and become more efficient and consistent in their cognitive processing.
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Your English is very good, Parox. You are very welcome to share your ideas both in Spanish cafe and here. :)

You wrote you had it prescribed for your eye. If I may ask, what exactly was happening? Have you noticed any improvement with it?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hello:

In October, 2012 I check out the view with ophthalmologist, and all was well. In February 2013 I started having distorted vision in the right eye. I saw the lines with ripples. I went to the eye doctor and told me to look the "Amsler grid" I saw them ripples.
    Revised eye fundus, the doctor told me that I have macular degeneration (bleeding in the macula) of the right eye. On 02/26/2013 I got an injection in the eye (to help heal the bleeding). He advised me to take specific vitamins for the eyes. I had doubts about whether or not to take vitamins (wd seroxat/benzo). For one should take them to improve my vision, and moreover feared that vitamins intensify the WD. In the end I decided to take the vitamins.

I was investigating PP, trying to find a case of macular degeneration and some people who had for wd, I was particularly struck by the case of a young man (30 years) with DM. Macular degeneration usually occurs in people over 65 years (I still I have 49). Some witnesses claimed that his doctor had said it was caused by Seroxat.

Luc: I do not speak English (my unfinished, lol), but I write academic English (lol) thanks to "Saint Google" know-it-all y the wonderful "super-hyper-mega-translator". hahaha.
    Wiktionary: Very useful the to find expressions, idioms ...

Fortunately write Spanish correctly and do not make spelling mistakes (very important to use the translator)

(My thought: If I understand the translator what you write, then you thou must understand what I write. Is a mathematical logic, lol)

Regards

Parox -- I think it is very, very likely that your eye problem is pseudo-macular degeneration, ie caused by Seroxat and w/d, and it will heal with time, as you recover.

Almost everyone has some kind of eye problem in w/d -- visual acuity changes, dry eye, muscle spasm. My distance vision has improved since I stopped taking Paxil -- and I am 50. My visual acuity changes day by day in all directions.

Omega-3 is supposed to be excellent for the eyes.

You are a Google translator wizard!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hello my dear Parox,
    I have missed your presence ..:)
    Thank you do much for welcoming me here, for being encouraging and supportive ..:)
    Thinking of you, and wishing you a peaceful, blessed day ..:)
    Sending you love and hugs,
    Biscotaki