Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How do you get through the day?

Iggy – those sock monkeys are adorable. You have great natural talent, and I have a feeling you will be doing even more things…..
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you for telling us about your day, Françoise. It’s always to interesting to hear about people’s daily schedules.

I know you also exercise and see friends.

I was thinking….I just watched an interview with a US Senator who recovered fully in one year from a stroke and three brain surgeries (to relieve swelling pressure). He said that his physical therapist was his savior, and that he saw a vast difference in the rehab facility between him being pushed relentlessly by his physical therapist and others who were not pushed.

What do you think about having a consultation with a physical therapist? They know exactly what kinds of exercises would be indicated to restore functioning, strength, mobility. If you do this, you then have to modify any treatment plan you’re given, and do it at about ¼ the frequency and intensity of what they recommend, because you are also healing from dysautonomia, and have to make any changes slowly.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit