Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did something really stupid now im scared

Did something really stupid now im scared

I had bad diarrhea on the 6th of this month. The next day and onwards i had severe constipation. I ate fish on the 8th and had a bad reaction to it. My gums were swollen, red bumps on my tounge and pallet. Not sure if it contributed to the constiation. I had to take a Dulcolax on the 10th because i was feeling very ill with the constipation. It was such a bad experience 6 hours after i took one pill. I nearly passed out, had fever, pain, cramps it was so so bad but after 20 minutes i was ok. After that i still had no normal BM and still constipated untill today. I made a big mistake and took a Dulcolax again. I am extremely scard because i googled it this time just after i took it and the reports scared me half to death. Now im scared and in a state of panic becasue i am waiting for this pill to work. Is dulcolax very bad? I dont know what to do!

It looks like you are simply dysregulated a lot, Needinghelp. Then the stress about the way you are feeling now has made it still worse. What side-effects of the drug scared you so much?

All those GI problems are like waves; sometimes this, sometimes that, like pendulum. The best option is to avoid taking too much of any such drugs, if at all. B/c the GI symptoms are WD-induced, they won't be as effective as usual, and may add to the confusion your body is already in. Please, keep us posted if there's any improvement.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Maybe consider taking Miralax for the constipation. This is "gentle" but effective with no side effects. Dulcalax might be too harsh for you right now. (Miralax worked very well for me with no problem). Or, just put some sugar free ground fiber in your morning beverage. If you go to the other end of the spectrum and have loose stool... take Imodium AD for Children. I take all of these above because of the chemo related symptoms which are made worse by the w/d..a/r are keeping me in straight up misery and I have to take something. I also just started taking Nexium b/c my GI tract was on FIRE!!!! Treatment gave me instant heart burn.

Keep in mind... hydration is so important. Try drinking 2-3 quarts of filtered water a day. This will help with all of the above and naturally soften your stool. Even if you don't "want" to drink water... do. You could mix water with a splash of juice in it or whatever will flavor it to make you drink.

Hydration will work miracles for the headaches too!

For constipation, have you tried a half a lemon in water?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    For constipation, have you tried a half a lemon in water?
    I'm going to try the lemon water too. :-) I would rather try anything natural first.

I add a teaspoon of local, raw honey, which is also good for 6 million things, and that makes it more pleasant to drink! I drink it to sort of cleanse my blood -- lemons are also good for a million things -- but I find it has this other effect! You can Google it, too. It's a classic remedy.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

No improvement yet. Tried Miralax as M&M suggested, but to no avail. I tried water, hot water with lemon, more fibre. Nothings working, only the Dulcolax but that is the worst product on the market and I recommend that no one ever uses it. Never! I thought i was dying the second time round (14-02-2013). That is the last time i was able to go to the Loo... I dont know what to do now. Scared to go to the doctor :(

How much lemon are you trying? Google that. You may need to take half a lemon a few times over the course of 12 hours or something. A lot of things don't work at a low "dose" but will work at a higher dose.

Also, do you drink coffee? If not, don't start. But if you do, do you find it makes you poop?

Also, what are you eating? Anything binding? Stop eating cheese.

Fibre -- are you taking capsules or loose powder. I think powder works much better.

-- Holger Kalweit

eat a soup with several components, garlic, onion, tomato, potatoe, courgette, cabbage etc
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Dont take coffee at all, stopped a few months ago as i found it made my heart palpitations worse.

I finally had a bit of relief. Not sure if the Miralax kicked in so many hours later, or if its because i took a jug of hot water this morning.

Hope this is the end of my constipation

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Thanks Stan, i think soupis a good idea!