Thread: Birth Control Question - Please Help

Birth Control Question - Please Help

I stopped my birt control back in August last year and had extreme reaction 11 days later. I experienced the worst mood swings, my withdrawal got 10x worse and i was depressed. I also have candidas. The doctor put me on thishome.intekom.com/pharm/akromed/biphasil.html in August, it hasnt really worked that well for me as i am getting breakthrough acne and so on and i was wondering if it could be contibuting to my low sex drive, constant headaches and extremely severe depression. Im really scared to stop it again. What should i do? I dont want to be on it anymore. Im so tired of feeling like this.

Can i wean of birthcontrol or what should i do? Im seriously getting tired of living like this.

home.intekom.com/pharm/akromed/biphasil.html

Changing what you are doing for birth control will definitely affect w/d because it changes levels of hormones, many of which are in the brain. You need to decide whether you want to be on it or off it then deal with the fallout. Unfortunately there is no easy way with this. Having said that, yoghurt is very good for candida (you can both eat it and apply it) and evening primrose oil is said to be very good for PMS. You could try taking some of that.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

NH – I think birth control pills are unhealthy, and, generally, it is a good idea to get off them. However, you are already in heavy duty AD w/d right now, and I’m genuinely not sure if it would make things worse or better for you to taper off the birth control pills right now.

It’s kind of impossible to tell whether the symptoms you mention are from AD w/d or from birth control pills or both.

If you do decide to stop them, I think you should try to taper, although I know nothing about how one does that. But, a quick Google shows me that women often have w/d from getting off birth control pills abruptly, and here is one place that mentions tapering them --

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/in...?topic=31260.0

If you decide to taper off them, Google for more hints, and then please give us the upshot, so we can learn from your research.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit