Thread: Reaction or SS

Reaction or SS

Just wondering and really looking for answers or opinions on what might have happened to me.

I was about 2 months off paxil cold turkey when i started 20mg Prozac. I took 20mg Prozac for 4 days. The only side effect I had
    was that it made me feel very drugged up. My doctor then switched me over to 30mg Cymbalta. I waited 2 days in between. On the
    second day i had the horrible reaction. My symptoms were:

Eyes got extremely blurry i remember rubbing my eyes 100x that day because i couldnt see well. My DR went up and had extreme anxiety, the worst symptom was that i had to keep my head off the bed every 10 minutes coz it felt like there was no bloodflow to my brain. I felt extremely ill and told my mom i need to go to the Hospital.

Reaction or SS or what as I never read anyone having such an expreience. Im scared i did irreversable damage to my brain. Did I?

Hi NH, for what I´ve read about you, you are a young person; maybe you don´t have enough experience dealing with stressful situations.

And let me tell you this: W/D is tough! FEAR is the most powerful emotion in this process.I am a 59 years old and I am scared; sometimes VERY scared.

Yes, there is neurological deregulation, and chemical chaos; BUT, it is reversible, it´s just a matter of time.

"what you resist it persists" I read these words of wisdom from people in these forums.

How to manage fear?mmmm, is a tricky thing sometimes, but when you realize that is one of the most powerful symptoms in this process, you start to accept it, and paradoxically, it starts to get less intense.

You are young, you have your life ahead, TRUST that you will heal.

You will definitely heal, Needinghelp. WD is a very scary experience, the symptoms are like nothing else in this world, but you have already come a long way, bravely taking it day after day. Your CNS, even if it doesn't feel it this way yet, has done lots of healing at that point. Have you experienced any windows recently?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

when we switch, updose, stop these poisons, there are reactions from body which is attacked by chemical, but it is past and as other say, you are young, you will heal; you seem often fear a little, time will help you; we all fear, part is from withdrawal
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

No windows Luc. Most people experience atleast some relief either at night or morning or atleast a day or two during the week. Not me. Nothing for me just suffering 24/7 with no improvements all my symptoms are back and i have a few more. I had a period of feeling a bit better in December where all my symptoms except the fog lifted, i felt ok. But now ever since 25 December i have been feeling so bad, my eyes are sooo sore. Im off 6 months now and i am really scared why havent i seen any improvements yet? Does that mean i fall into the 7+ year catagory? :'(

NH, for me it took about 17 months to expereince a first window. Maybe I am not a good example because I am still on the road after 5+ years. But the good news that even the long-termers will recovery in the end. Also I know an example from PP (Goldenbawls) who had little improvment in 3 years and then suddenly recovered withinh 2 weeks. So everything is still possible.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Claudius -- Thanks for that great anecdote about the sudden recovery. I have heard of that happening from time to time. Miraculous. Do you remember if he had any psychic or spiritual experiences as part of his sudden recovery?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit