Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Antidepressant Withdrawal Induced Dental Pain, Distress and Sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    pains are very important part in withdrawal, i have ribcage pain (maybe muscles), many have back pain, some knee, but apparently everybody has pain, maybe you have teeth pain, with time the pain diminish, or go on another place(i had back low pain, it is gone, hip pain, it is nearly gone, neck pain, it has very diminished, only costal pain spinal burning will not go away since a big while, but the other come sometime back and go away)maybe it is the same for you...
    i am very sorry, i go to look TV before bed and thought i would write you a word...
    Hi Stan........

it was nice to read your message late last night and I thank you for supporting me.

You have made some really good points and I very much agree. Yes, it appears that one major "pain" area for me during WD is in the dental areas.

I have various areas of pain which you describe but I also do not have some of what you are experiencing. So sorry you have to deal with multiple pains. What a way to have to live. I'm so glad to hear that some of your pains have lessened considerably.

I'm HAPPY to report that the severe unrelenting, throbbbing pain in all of my upper and lower right jaw, has greatly eased today. While it is still constantly throbbing it's nowhere near as painful.

The thing that bothered me the most yesterday was the worry of having to go for a root canal (IF that was the cause of the pain). I would have had less of a problem riding out the pain IF I knew, for certain, that it was WD induced.

I HAD to distract myself all day and evening by being on-line as much as possible since, the pain was so severe that it took everything I had not to submit to taking pain killers.

Thank you to everyone for your support yesterday and for sending "pain busting energy" my way. It WORKED!!

BTW Stan, I had very severe burning pain during xanax WD and it did eventually go away. So you're burning pain will ease at some point.

Samsara

and i forget : bowels pains, stomac pains, legs pains, bladder pain; and many head pressure, eyes pain... we can nearly say all the body
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    and i forget : bowels pains, stomac pains, legs pains, bladder pain; and many head pressure, eyes pain... we can nearly say all the body
    At first when I was going to answer to this post, I wanted to jokingly say that the only "part" of the body that doesn't hurt in WD is hair. But then I realized that all those strange sensations we're experiencing in WD well "get" in our hair, too. The over-sensitivity to touch, to basically everything. Oh, well...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Watch out, Luc -- Painful Hair Disorder

I see a marketing opportunity for SSRIs!

This is obviously a job for this emoticon --
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Samsara -- Ha! I have "breathe" post-its on the wall, too....

So glad the pain is a bit better!

Just thought -- have you tried gargling with salt water to dull the gum pain, which might help lessen the stimulation contributing to the jaw pain???

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Watch out, Luc -- Painful Hair Disorder

I see a marketing opportunity for SSRIs!

This is obviously a job for this emoticon --
    Truly, looking at the "corporate philosophers", I wouldn't be surprised, if those came up with something like that. And how professional it sounds, too! ----> PHD

I suggest we copyright it, Sheila, before they have their nasty, demiurgic brainwave.

Our © trumps their
    Last edited by Luc; 12-04-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Samsara -- Ha! I have "breathe" post-its on the wall, too....

So glad the pain is a bit better!

Just thought -- have you tried gargling with salt water to dull the gum pain, which might help lessen the stimulation contributing to the jaw pain???
    Hi Sheila..........

Oh, so you're a Post-it Note type person as well. (lol). I had to post lists of coping strategies, ideas for easy meals, remedies to treat certain symptoms on a sheet of paper inside a cupboard door or on the fridge since, as you know, when we are in violent, insane suffering we can't even think straight in way of helping ourselves. A simple thing like placing an ice-pack on the nape of my neck to reduce extreme heat surges, was something I couldn't think of implementing on the spot due to the accomanying terror/panic attacks etc.

So, I had to make lists, post-it notes etc. to assist myself at all times.

Thank you so much for recommending the salt water remedy. I've utilized this method in the past but due to my current state of pain, I'm not thinking clearly enough and totally forgot about that. I have a small container of sea salt in my medicine cabinet that I have taken out and am now using.

Sorry it's taken me so long to acknowledge your post. Actually, I had a delayed memory attack (lol)......forgot you had posted it but then a day or two later remembered it.

Current status, my tooth pain only eased up for a few hours when I posted to IAWP but after that, things got increasingly worse and have been in unrelenting pain for additional days now. At one point I realized that it was not WD induced but rather, felt like an abscess. Saw dentist yesterday and it's confirmed. I had a crack in my filling (likely due to bruxism) and now the abscess followed.

I better post this and get off-line. Seems like my efforts to distract are making me feel worse. :)

Thank you so much again for the recommendation Sheila!

Samsara

Aw, damn, I'm sorry you have a filling crack and an abscess! What did you have to do about it? How are you doing now?

Sending soothing, calming energy.............now....

-- Holger Kalweit

Aw, damn, I'm sorry you have a filling crack and an abscess! What did you have to do about it? How are you doing now?

Sending soothing, calming energy.............now....
    Hi Sheila.......

thank you so much for your concern and well wishes.

I've been prescribed an antibiotic (Amoxicillin) and must take it 3 times a day for the next 7 days and will then have to have a root canal performed. I was also told to take pain killers (advil/ibuprofen) but have not done so since, my CNS is very sensitive and I thought it best to introduce ONE drug at a time to see how my system reacts.

I've taken 5 doses of AB thus far and I seem to be okish. I've been in extreme pain for many days though (pain not only in the one tooth but radiating throughout my whole upper and lower right jaw, up the bridge of my nose and through the right side of my head) but I'm too afraid to take any painkillers since, in my previous Xanax WD plain aspirin would shoot my CNS into very bad anxiety and panic attacks.

Seems like the trigeminal nerve has been affected hence the radiating of pain.

I'm going to give in one more day with the AB since, once it reaches therapeutic levels and begins to work the pain may decrease and thus, I won't have to utilize pain medication.

I also am going to introduce "Acidophilus" (probiotic) to prevent the good intestinal flora from being destroyed by the AB. This should reduce some of the possible side-effects of the AB.

TBH, as excruciating as the pain has been, I'd rather deal with the pain than panic attacks or extreme anxiety since, I've had too many years dealing with WD induced anxiety/panic and I can't go there again. I still have a level of WD induced anxiety to contend with and I don't wish to escalate things in that area.

Things have been really rough and I'm not looking forward to the root canal procedure since, many years ago I had been the lucky recipient of a botch procedure where the amonia like fluid used to disinfect the canals perforated through the canals and went through to my throat, nasal passages and sinuses (burning like acid). It was a very dramatic experience and so, I will admit that I am leary of going through such a procedure again.

In any case, I'm trying to feel grateful that this present abscess did not occur 6 months ago, let alone a year ago. MY CNS is in better shape now than it was then.

Anyway, I will hang in there for another day and hope tomorrow brings some relief.

Thanks ro much again Sheila!

Samsara

BTW, I forgot to mention......

I spoke openly and confidently to my dentist re: serotonin and enamel organs as well as the state of my CNS due to protracted WD. I expressed my concern as to how the medications would affect my CNS and also explained how so many people develop dental sensitivities, migrating pain etc. due to WD.

To my surprise, he was sympathetic and did not dispute what I had presented although, I started the conversation with, "Through research I have found a few medical abstracts discussing serotonin and it's expression on enameled organs. I was happy to discover these abstracts since, they confirmed what I have been experiencing for so long now."

I find that this is the best way to introduce the subject to doctors. (lol). I give them no room to argue or debate with me (lol) and thus, I'm able to retain my automony as well as avoid being dismissed or written off as having some type of "anxiety disorder".

IF the doctor doesn't wish to appear uneducated and/or uninformed, he/she will hear me out when I begin the conversation in this manner. I've learned not to ask for their opinions (lol) but rather, make confident statements.

The dentist agreed with what I had presented to him and the young dental assistant listened intently.

Anyway, I better post this since, my thoughts processing capabilities is not very good ATM.

Samsara