Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Antidepressant Withdrawal Induced Dental Pain, Distress and Sensitivity

Samsara,

what you are doing for dental is what i would do if i was in your case, i had fear for my extract and finally it was not so terrible;

you will see, it will pass quickly!
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Samsara,

what you are doing for dental is what i would do if i was in your case, i had fear for my extract and finally it was not so terrible;

you will see, it will pass quickly!
    Thank you Stan! I'm trying not to look too far ahead but rather, breaking down this whole scenario into "bite size" pieces. (lol) since, it is a good method for managing fears and anxieties etc.

I've already gotten through the first app't. I've already gotten through the apprehension of taking the AB.

I now have to wait for the AB to take effect. Also, I will try to keep focused on today and I'll worry about the root canal on the day of my app't.

IF something is to go wrong again, I must remind myself that I got through a botched procedure before and I'll get through one again if I have to, although I pray it doesn't occur.

There will likely be extreme pain following the root canal. I've had one done in the past and I was in post-pain which was very intense. Some people incur this and yet others do not. Perhaps I will luck out this time.

BTW, a root canal is a long procedure which is not pleasant by any means although I remind myself that I will not feel any pain while under anesthetic.

BTW, sorry you had to go through some extractions. Not fun at all.

Utilizing a "Luc" phrase..............

"As of this very moment", my tooth pain has signficantly decreased in intensity and thus, I have been able to eat more comfortably. Seems like the antibiotics have kicked in and consequently, producing positive results. So, step two can be crossed off my list.

Stan, I will now engage in crunching on some almonds (although I will chew on the "good" side) and I"m NOT going to crush them with a hammer prior to consuming them. (LOL). I feel daring and loving every moment of it.

Samsara (The Almond Crunching Goddess of the Universe)

That's great that the pain has significantly decreased. Thank goodness! I'm really sorry you have to go through this at all, but you're handling it very well. Good job educating the dentist!

Hoping the pain keeps going down and that this process goes very smoothly.....

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    "As of this very moment", my tooth pain has signficantly decreased in intensity and thus, I have been able to eat more comfortably. Seems like the antibiotics have kicked in and consequently, producing positive results. So, step two can be crossed off my list.
    So great to hear it! It positively means you're past the worst stage of WD, and that your sensitivities have decreased. Keep it that way, Sam!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

thank you Luc and Sheila! I really appreciate the supportive words, sympathies and well wishes!

Sam