Thread: Want to get off meds but struggling

Hybrid View

You can get a lot of calories in a blender. I use organic hemp seed or other nuts, banana, full fat yogurt and kefer, and whey powder. Also a banana with peanut butter gives you a lot of calories. I find it easier to eat late at night so keep a jar of raw cashews by my bed. Please let there be a day when food looks good again.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Thanks for the ideas, Moui and Mona. I guess I need to get a blender first! :) I do eat bananas so maybe I'll just add some peanut butter to those. I so relate to what you said, Sally - I really want there to be a day when food looks good again for me too. :( It is so difficult for me to go to the grocery store because nothing sounds good, kind of makes me ill being there. I am like you too, Sally, where late at night my appetite does seem to return. Unfortunately that is right before I go to bed but I lie there thinking about what actually sounds good to eat only to wake up the next day and find my appetite is still lacking.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper