Thread: An Unexpected Gift

Hybrid View

Mike, what a wonderful story! I am so glad to hear despite not being 100% you are doing so well in other areas and that you have found this passion in riding your bike. I can hardly believe that you have been in NY for four years I remember when you moved where did the time go? You were such a wonderful cyber friend to me when I was going through the worse of my withdrawal!

My “bliss” has been in returning to Art…I was an Art major in college many years ago, but never finished or pursued it. Last September I enrolled in an “open studio” Art class and am loving it! I am learning to use pastels a medium I have never used before. I have been pleasantly surprised that I really like the medium because I had always thought I wouldn’t. I can get “lost” in the drawings and working the colors. Another blissful moment was when I completed my first piece and the instructor said (in front of the class) that mine was one of the best “first pastels” of all his students! He and I are probably about the same age (I won’t elaborate lol ) so he’s had quite a few students! I’ve even set up a mini studio in my home. I totally agree with your comment “good things can happen if you put yourself out there and are open to them...”

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
    Mike, what a wonderful story! I am so glad to hear despite not being 100% you are doing so well in other areas and that you have found this passion in riding your bike. I can hardly believe that you have been in NY for four years I remember when you moved where did the time go? You were such a wonderful cyber friend to me when I was going through the worse of my withdrawal!

My “bliss” has been in returning to Art…I was an Art major in college many years ago, but never finished or pursued it. Last September I enrolled in an “open studio” Art class and am loving it! I am learning to use pastels a medium I have never used before. I have been pleasantly surprised that I really like the medium because I had always thought I wouldn’t. I can get “lost” in the drawings and working the colors. Another blissful moment was when I completed my first piece and the instructor said (in front of the class) that mine was one of the best “first pastels” of all his students! He and I are probably about the same age (I won’t elaborate lol ) so he’s had quite a few students! I’ve even set up a mini studio in my home. I totally agree with your comment “good things can happen if you put yourself out there and are open to them...”
    Thanks, Cindy and congratulations on the recognition you've received in your art class! That's so great that you've set up a home studio... You should really run with your art and see what you can do with it! Here's to getting lost... Please drop me a line sometime and let me know how life is going for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thanks, Cindy and congratulations on the recognition you've received in your art class! That's so great that you've set up a home studio... You should really run with your art and see what you can do with it! Here's to getting lost... Please drop me a line sometime and let me know how life is going for you...
    Thanks, Mike! I will drop you a line soon!