Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
What a great story, Mike! Congrats on your having, so bravely, keeping the right path. It's been a really long time, but improvement is still there. Your biking hobby has undoubtedly helping the neuroplasticity. Keep it up, and the following years will likely see even more of the progress. Your story is incredibly inspiring - when I was in my teens, I LOVED biking. I so hope this will become possible for me sometime in the future, too. I was looking for the "biking" emoticon, but didn't find one - this one is the closest I could get to using a keyboard ----> ó-/-ó
Thanks, Luc. Biking was impossible for me even a year ago so keep the faith. As you know the pattern of recovery is crazy and cruel. I was in hell for the first 4 years. Year 5 was better and then year 6 was a set back in a lot of ways. Thing have been improving for a couple of months now. Your recovery will likely be a lot faster than mine based on my history of polypharmacy and 17 years of use but i just wanted to describe how up and down things have been for me and that the body continues to heal for a very long time.