I stumbled across this person really synchronistically on the Internet, on a day when I really needed encouragement. I wasn’t looking for anything related to brain injury, and she is a treasure trove of validation and reassurance about traumatic brain injury.

Laura Bruno, MA, was in her mid-twenties, working in sales, and about to return to graduate school to start a Ph.D. in English Literature, when she had a car accident that knocked her unconscious, and made her so disabled from TBI, that she had to give up on grad school, give up on work, and move in with her parents.

She couldn’t read for longer than five minutes without triggering severe, long-lasting migraines. She was sensorily hyper-sensitive.

She was put on pain pills and told there was nothing to be done about her TBI. She started looking into alternative healing (including raw food), and working with the injury as a spiritual opening.

It took her six years to recover. She is fully recovered, has written three books, runs her own business, and is pursuing her passions. On her blog, she seems to be having f-u-n….Remember fun?

http://laurabruno.wordpress.com/