Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

I love this pic you once posted! It is amazing how these little things can make on smile!

I forgot to mention that for the last week I have had aches and pains and a sore throat that comes and goes. I was using salted water on the throat and yesterday got some Betadine mouthwash/gargle which is powerful. I wonder if I got a bit of infection creep into my body through my thumb when I sliced it and all that has contributed to my feeling so low on to of the headaches.

No headache today but the head pressure is sky high along with the head vibes and ear ringing has shot up very high again. I am still annoyed at how slow and long this takes, but eh, you guys have been sticking around heaps longer! What stamina you have!

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    I will forget the garden, but try and do the watering and return to walking as I was coping okay with that. I think it must be the bending that does me in.
    For a short moment I was wondering how is it possible to do any gardening in winter, then I realized it is Australia, of course, and you have summer there now, too.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Inflammation and / or infection could definitely be contributing to your headaches, sore throat, etc. Do you take any Vit. C?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yes, take vit. C daily. I am now better from my miseries! Thanks for being there and always is your faithful reply each time! This is so helpful and supportive!

My thumb is slowly healing and not quite so red, so if it was infected, it is getting better. I can see at least 3 layers of skin that still have not joined up! I am leaving the bandage off now, but have banged it a couple of times and hurt it again. Still using the throat gargle as the throat is a lot better, but seems to be worse of a morning.
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

18 month update

Black = First year
    Blue = 5% taper
    Red = 2.5% taper

Head Pressure @ week
    Pre stabilizing: nil
    1st drop: 5.6
    2nd drop: 6.4
    3rd drop: 3.5
    4th drop: 4.7
    5th drop: 3.5
    6th drop: 4.6
    7th drop: 4.3
    8th drop: 5.6

Head pressure is usually all day, but recently varies in intensity from mild to high and very (rarely now) to extreme.

I can see from the above the up and down thing that is talked about - how it isn't linear

Thanks for the kind words, gD! I have found I heal skin and muscle things much slower in w/d, but it does eventually happen. Now the wound is closed, so that's progress. The Vit. C will help it.

< gD's healthy thumb in near future

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    < gD's healthy thumb in near future
    ha, ha!

Yes, that is certainly true - healing is so much slower. When I sprained my ankle te doctor said come back in 2 weeks and it was more like 8 or 10 weeks before it improved. Third layer has joined now, only two to go! It's going to have a nasty scar!

Yup. That's about the size of it. Well, even the scar will eventually fade.

-- Holger Kalweit

This week started off with the 2 day migraine but improved after that. The 2.5% drop is showing now as many things are much more improved than previous drop/s. I am more inclined to want to do things now, but trying to find the fine line of how far to go without making symptoms worse. This week the pressure heads dropped off, but have had lots of body vibes and head vibes, the intensity depending on what I do.

Hubby and daughter helped me wash windows in and out, do cobwebs in and out (all those jobs I couldn't do) and that made things worse. I tried to scrub some mould off curtains, which meant bending and my back is aching bad and is "icky" (almost spasm). My shoulder is playing up bad again, probaly from using my arm, and I am having trouble with my wrist which is a new symptom. If I turn it wrong way, it is very painful, especially trying to carry something heavy.

This has shown me that my muscles are still weak, despite regular walking (but no walking this week, instead cleaning). Even head pressure was mild, but I notice now on exertion it gets worse. This is still a change/improvement because in the past it was bad all the time and I never noticed any differences.
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5