Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

There's a definite improvement, GrandmaD! So great to hear it! Plus, you've managed to avoid the painkillers, which is very good, too.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Late with my update - after that good week, it was back to the migaine head, coming on slowly, a day in bed and then today feeling lost, weak,heavy, slow and very tired. Staarted to improve tonight.

The first week may have been good because it would have been week11 of previous taper, when I would normally start to improve a lot. Probaby the new taper hadn't kicked in yet, either until now, week 2.

I was very disappointed to get the migraine (over 3 days which is not unusual) like I always do, it was not any better considering the lower taper, so I began worrying if this will work, but have now stopped myself (be kind to grandma) and say "one day at a time"!

hi Grandmad,

dysautonomia is the picture in the link http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...sequences.html
    automatic functions are a little or more deteriorate, for example i have dry mouth, no saliva; other have too much saliva
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Aww, gD, I’m so sorry about the three-day migraine! Horrible! Are you able to sleep during them at all?

Yes, dysautonomia is a nervous system gone haywire. Exactly right.

Sending you much soothing, calming, and grounding.....

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Aww, gD, I’m so sorry about the three-day migraine! Horrible! Are you able to sleep during them at all?

Yes, dysautonomia is a nervous system gone haywire. Exactly right.

Sending you much soothing, calming, and grounding.....

Well, that makes a lot of sense, the nervous system gone haywire. I only have to stumble and think I may fall, and I get a flash of nerves across my face and sometimes in happens in my legs if it is in the car and we stop suddenly, but by no means violently, etc.

These headaches start like a pressure head and it gets worse and worse and unbearable by day 2. Quite often, takikng painkillers doesn't do anything, for the head, but that is why I take the mercyndol because I get a good 4 hours sleep in one go. Sometimes I only need to take them on time, other times I might need 2 or 3 lots (not all at once, of course!). Reg. painkillers do nothing for me but stometimes I get fed up and will try them again... like yesterday and today ...

We have gone away for a few days. I haven't been good, and nowhere near as good as I hoped. We are staying with rellies a few hours away, so will rest as much as possible, I brought a book that I read on the way out. This book... well, another day when feel more like yacking will tell you about it ...

Does anyone else get "sore heads"? I always have had these sore spots that come and go, about the size of a 20c coin. Now the area is much bigger, the size of the palm of my hand. They are not coming and going, but been there for 2 days now. one spot on the top left side. Extremely sore to touch and to move my hair hurts. I wonder if it is connected to the head banging sensation. I am feeling very low, heavy, slow, lethargic and not with it and very, very tired and these feelings usually come with the headaches.

I wonder if this is an occupital headache that Sheila wrote about in her journal? Never heard of that before.

Thanks for that link Stan, it is too much to read at present, will try and remember to come back to it, but glad you took te time to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Does anyone else get "sore heads"? I always have had these sore spots that come and go, about the size of a 20c coin. Now the area is much bigger, the size of the palm of my hand. They are not coming and going, but been there for 2 days now. one spot on the top left side. Extremely sore to touch and to move my hair hurts. I wonder if it is connected to the head banging sensation.
    It's all very inter-connected, GrandmaD. The painful spots have been with me throughout the entire WD - it's a hormonal imbalance, receptors dysregulation, etc. But it will be getting better.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

You’re doing great, gD. You get a lot of different types of head pain. It’s just beastly. So frustrating and debilitating.

I think I got the sore spots, but I think of those as more superficial – like mostly it’s the skin that hurts. The occipital headaches I got were deeper, more inside the head.

Do try to rest as much as possible while you’re visiting, and just get some time alone frequently.

Have you ever considered doing any meditation, relaxation technique, visualization? We have to try to help you relax your muscles as much as possible, which is really hard to do with head pain.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thanks guys, I was beginning to worry about those sore spots. i still had the constant soreness all day today. Head issues, with extreme buzzing and the ear ringing like sirens is up high. I just did not expect to still have these doing 2.5% taper, so I am miserable. Went and bought some asprin today (which I usually avoid) and I think that has helped the soreness but now I notice the head pressure is back again. If it's not one thing it's another.

I didn't sleep much the night before we came out here and during the 4 hour drive I almost fell asleep when hubby pulled up for lunch! That didn't help. I didn't sleep last night too godd because I forgot their battress is hard as a rock. We went for a drive today and while hubby went browsing in hardware shop, I tried to sleep in car but couldn't and then tried after luch, but no. Have brought car mattres inside tonight, so hopefull, a good night sleep and more asprin, might see a better tommorow.

Doesn't help that leg pain is up also and alos, tried to keep up with rellie on a walk this morning, she walks too fast for me and I think pulled a muscle around hip area, so I a not a happy vegemite.

I did rest as much as possible today and was ale to read my book, so I guess that is something. I do relaxation exercises usually twice a day and still doing my brething exercises. I do try visualisation when I remember but find it hard.