Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Good on ya, gD!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Week 3 @ 6.4mg
    Many symptoms remained the same. No indigestion or naseau which is great.
    A few symptoms were much improved. No tension heads, also a nice change.
    Waking up several days with a dull head. One day it turned into mod pressure head and went away while another day it turned into a high pressure head and stayed.
    A problem walking (so missed several days of walk) due to hip problems, like a spasm.

Results look good on paper, which I found interesting. My recollection of last week is that it was a shocker of a week with the worse no. of good days for week 3’s (only 1) and the worst no. of bad days (4). I think this was due to going away for a few days and sleeping on a hard bed, and I have had backache and hip probs ever since. Lack of sleep did not help either.

The pressure heads, while the same as previous drop and same as previous week 3 drops, seemed to get to me and I felt down, low, lethargic, lost and had little or no incentive and back in batcave. Also felt angry about the process, length of time and fed up. So I think it was the emotional aspect that made it seem worse, the added strain of lack of sleep and the muscle aches/pains.

I gave in to the urge and checked the weight of my tablets... and found 2 of them were under the weight, so maybe that was a problem - but discovered what may be the cause of such a crap week - I had forgotten last Monday's tablet! I couldn't believe it! There was one too many tablets in Mondays drawer. I can't be sure, maybe I put one extra tablet in by mistake, who knows. I can't believe it, as I have a special container now so I can see that I have taken each day. I set my alarm and also hubby's alarm as a back up.

Then, to top it off, my alarm went off today and I thought I turned it off. So 5 mins later it went off again and I went crook at myself as I had not turned it off but hit snooze. Daughter, who was here, asked me "did you take the tablet?" Guess what, I hadn't! Oh, boy... now hubby is going to ask me if I have taken it...

That's very helpful that your written record was able to give you more perspective. It is tricky -- sometimes the symptoms aren't as intense but we just *feel* more upset about them.

It's definitely hard to keep track of pills. I have all sorts of physical reminders for my various supplements. What do you think about one of those weekly pill boxes that you fill up at the beginning of the week and then you can see if you've taken the pill for that day?

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

take regularly the dose is very important for the CNS

Week 4 @ 6.4MG summary

Week 4 @ 6.4MG summary

Overall
    Many symptoms remain the same; A few symptoms improved a little; Some symptoms were worse but not a problem; Headaches improved to 1 tension & 1 dull

Worse week for pressure heads going from mod. to high
    Worse week than previous 3 weeks for body vibrations, going from mod to high and increased in number. These symptoms all day every day for 4 days. On day 4 I read my blood pressure having not done it in a long time and it was up to 165/81.
    Head vibes have gone from mild for week 1 to moderate in weeks 2 and 3 to hi this week and with more of them.

The worst thing was that it seemed the hi head pressure and the high vibrations came at times, at the same time. A shocker of a week. Back in my batcave and not talking.

I had one very good day! I did 10mins of gardening twice, being very sensible now!

Sleep is much the same: Generally 2-3 hrs to get to sleep and waking every 2 hrs. Last night 3 hours to get to sleep, waking after 1.5hours and awake 3hours and slept 1.5 hours.

Week 4 @ 6.4MG summary Compared to previous week 4’s

Compared to previous week 4 drops, this one was very much the same in many, many symptoms. Some symptoms the same, others slightly better, others worse.

One major area of improvement was breathlessness. I don’t put this down to the lesser drop, but to the fact I am doing relaxation/breathing exercises at least 4 or 5 times a day now instead of twice. The breathlessness still flares up on exertion, walking, cooking, eating and when I go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    That's very helpful that your written record was able to give you more perspective. It is tricky -- sometimes the symptoms aren't as intense but we just *feel* more upset about them.

It's definitely hard to keep track of pills. I have all sorts of physical reminders for my various supplements. What do you think about one of those weekly pill boxes that you fill up at the beginning of the week and then you can see if you've taken the pill for that day?
    I recommend keping a record, it is very helpful especially to compare the same week of previous drops. I have seen that those weeks are roughly the same. Maybe some improvements, some symptoms worse, most the same. The ones that are getting worse as time goes by are the pressure heads and head vibrations so I am keeping an eye on those 2.

I see a pattern (I think) that is unlike other's talk about. Week 1 is usually pretty good and week 2 is worse, with week 3 being worse still and week 4 worse again with increase in number of sympoms and increase in intensity... and so on - then come headaches and tension heads mixed in anytime. That is where keeping records is good. I still forget and keep sayhing "next week will be better.." I am now looking ahead to next week - and see my notes say it is usually another "bad week" so I am changing that to say "expect a back week and won't be disappointed!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Yes, thanks, I do have one, it is a great idea. I also set my alarm but sometimes forget to re-set it after it goes off, so hubby's watch alarm is a back up! So I have done everything I can to remind myself.

Stan, I think routine helps you remember to take it also.

Well, I'm really sorry it's so rough. You're doing a fantastic job, gD. I'm so glad to hear about the breathing / relaxation exercises helping, and I'm so proud of you for doing them so frequently.

The sleep sounds like it has been pretty bad at times. Have you ever considered brain wave entrainment CDs? They helped me.

-- Holger Kalweit