Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

I know, gD, it's a trial. Our neuro-endocrine systems can't regulate our temperature very well. Menopause probably factors in. As Stan has said in the past, we have manually operate our bodies -- do things to cool or warm ourselves that normal people don't have to do, etc.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Week 4 @ 6.2mg - 2.5% taper

Overall, a worse week than last week with some symptoms improved , some the same and many worse.

Compared to previous week 4 of 2.5% taper, many things had improved.

Compared to previous week 4 tapers of 5% many symptoms the same, but frequency of tension headaches worse with improvements in a few symptoms, most notable of which are dizzyness, breathlessness and the number of painkillers being reduced.
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

OK, sending good energy!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Grrrr grandma not a happy vegemite. I had my rest day, like a good girl, being kind to self and all .... the following day I got a headache! AAAgggggghhhh!!!!!
    No fair. I think because sometimes it can be 2 or 3 days later the symptoms show up. I might think about just doing the gardening every 2 days now and see what happens. I would have thought that now starting week 5 I should be seeing signs of improvement which happened in previous drop and that I should be able to do more. All trial and error I guess.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Totally unfair, gD! You are getting better and better at minimizing your w/d symptoms, but you’ll never be able to totally control them. There will be some unpredictability. However, it’s also a good point that symptoms can take a few days to show up after a particular action.

-- Holger Kalweit

6.2 week 5 compared to last week 4
    Overall:
    No spasms, hip pain, jolts, batcave, dizzy, painkillers
    Many things the same including pressure heads and head issues
    Several worse but coping with them
    Lots of improvements, most noticeable being naseau and more energy

6.2 week 5 compared to previous week 5 drop
    Overall:
    Many things the same.
    Several things worse including h/a, head banging and sore heads
    Lots of improvements noticeably increase in energy

6.2 week 5 compared to previous week 5 drops @ 5%
    Overall
    Lots of things the same
    Nothing worse!!
    Lots of improvements, most notably breathlessness

OK, so if I'm reading this right, the 2.5% drop is working better for you. You're doing it, gD. Remember, you are already healing every day.

-- Holger Kalweit

This is me gardening....good pic of the resultant head problems!
    6.2 week 6 compared to last week 5
    Overall:

Not a good week with many symptoms worse, especially pressure heads, 2 days in bed with migraine and a headache another day and dull heads. Resorted to strong p/k’s again. I put all this down to trying to do gardening and overdoing it.

6.2 week 6 compared to previous week 6 drop
    Overall:

Many things the same
    Several things improved, including breathlessness
    Lots of things worse. I am sure due to trying to garden and overdoing it.

6.2 week 6 compared to previous week 6 drops @ 5%
    Overall

Several improvements, including breathlessness, cramps, itchies and head vibes
    Many symptoms the same
    Several worse including tension heads ,naseau, headbanging and spasms.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    OK, so if I'm reading this right, the 2.5% drop is working better for you. You're doing it, gD. Remember, you are already healing every day.

Yes, I believe that overall the 2.5% is better. It is very difficult day by day to guage it, but one thing is for sure and that is the breathlessness has improved. I am not struggling to breathe and that is one nice thing.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

It's soooooo frustrating to have to curb your activities so much and be so, so cautious, in order to minimize the symptoms! I hear ya!

-- Holger Kalweit