Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    You are very lucky to escape the rotten head pressure, as it affects everything. I have had tinnitus since after I went on the ad's but it got 3 levels worse with w/d. The deafness? Is that w/d related to you think? What do drs. say? I have narrow ear canals apparently. What I am experiencing lately is new, a sort of big drum banging sound now and then and pulsating in left ear. I figure it is part of it. Does this mean you need hearing aid now?
    i think deafness is withdrawal related, as dry eyes, mouth, nose and itching etc; drs deny withdrawal and say nothing, only i have lost 80% of hearing etc(what i know already, i come to them for that); the hearing for me is 3000/4000 euros to put the opposite noise of tinnitus to help a little, but deaf is deaf; as i seem blocked in ears, what help will give this opposite noise in one ear? not much i think;
    i will wait more time to heal from w/d
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    It's soooooo frustrating to have to curb your activities so much and be so, so cautious, in order to minimize the symptoms! I hear ya!

You can say that again! Yes, I know I should've taken it more easy, yet I am so stubborn! Still paying for it, by doing nothing the past few days and still got bad head ... just keep hoping tomorrow will be better (each day). I am thinking have to accept I have to leave it another year ...
    I love your "ticked off" cartoon, right on!
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

6.2 week 6 compared to last week 5

Overall:

Not a good week with many symptoms worse, especially pressure heads, 2 days in bed with migraine and a headache another day and dull heads. Resorted to strong p/k’s again. I put all this down to trying to do gardening and overdoing it.

6.2 week 6 compared to previous week 6 drop
    Overall:

Many things the same
    Several things improved, including breathlessness
    Lots of things worse. I am sure due to trying to garden and overdoing it.

6.2 week 6 compared to previous week 6 drops @ 5%
    Overall

Several improvements, including breathlessness, cramps, itchies and head vibes
    Many symptoms the same
    Several worse including tension heads ,naseau, headbanging and spasms.

oops, I found I had already done this week's updae on previous page! I was so sure I hadn't as our computer is as slow as a wet week lately and that I gave up yesterday without putting it up! Oh well, head is not good. But I am remembering to use my own toothbrush lately instead of hubbys! For quite a while there I kept using his, I just wasn't thinking.

as slow as a wet week
    Ooh! A new one for me! Love it!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i think deafness is withdrawal related
    No doubt about it, Stan. By the way, are there any moments it gets better for you, or the 80% is pretty much constant? It's terribly frustrating, I know. But be patient.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

deaf is constant, only the tinnitus is moving
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

How is it Stan can be deaf yet still hear ringing? I find the same - use earplugs and still hear ringing! Does it come from way inside the ear, or something!

Very quick update as I almost sliced my thumb off a couple of days ago so hard to type. Finally, in last few days of week 7 my head began to subside to mild pressure. I am pretty sure I didn't help myself by trying to garden in weeks 5-6 when I may have been better. I have to accept I cannot do it until/unless head pressure comes right back to mild at least. As you said, it is a learning process finding out what my limits are and I am still learning (slow learner as I get impatient and press on, pay for it and then learn from it and then repeat the cycle!) One day .........

it is a learning process finding out what my limits are and I am still learning (slow learner as I get impatient and press on, pay for it and then learn from it and then repeat the cycle!) One day .........
    I can soooooooooo relate to this. I just want to be back to 'normal' and able to do all the things I want to do. But then, I really can't complain - I'm living a relatively normal life now.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Oh, yeah, this cultivating patience thing is really hard.

So sorry to hear about your thumb, gD! Sending healing vibes....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit