Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Another 2 day headache. Woke up with it yesterday, the day booked to go to a kids dance concert with my daughter. I went anyway and for the first 3 acts tears rolled down my face (I rarerly cry) and I thought maybe this is good - may release pressure in head! It was because they were babies and tots and they could not keep in a line - ended up in a mob and then one littlei got left out and the back and started to cry! They just so cute.

The next act took me by surprise, some thing never see before - beautiful costumes and a song that makes me cry any time - that song about kids for the internation year of the child - can't remember it now- but then I noticed all the dancers were a lot overweight! Then I noticed they were all dow syndrown. But what a wonderful job they did of keeping togetyher and doing it well. That also made me cry!

I guess that's what we are - a lot of babies - and like down syndrown - we aren't normal, we don't have it together, we can't get it right, we get frustrated and just want to be like everyone else.

Then, after interval the down syndrome team danced another dance to a song and they ALL SANG OUT LOUD "You don't know me (or who I am) but I am chosen") More tears ...

So, headache and all, I was glad went and then ... my hedache went and I was left totally exhausted and came home and went to bed at 7pm!
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Thanks Sheila. Just not with it, cause yesterday, after the dance show, totally exhausted, jammed finger of other hand in the door, causing it to burst the skin open. As if things are bad enough... trying not to have a pity party! Thumb had me worried cause after 2 days it gaped open about 1cm revealing inside gooey yuck. I think because it swelled up. I was going to show a friend who is a nurse but had a day in bed with h/a and then the show. By the next day it looked like it was starting to heal over, so as long as I keep it clean, I think it will mend.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Aw, gD, that sounds like a really moving concert. I cry at the drop of a hat since w/d. Anything moving -- I cry. And, yeah, I relate to disabled people like never before.

OK, my friend, you have to slow down and be extra considerate of yourself. Two injuries in short order means that. Maybe some hydrogen peroxide in the wounds? We heal slower, and the hydrogen peroxide gives us a boost in healing.

Sending more healing energy.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yep - have had to slow down due to heat! I cannot garden unless it is first thing in the morning and that is for a very short time, so that is good. I came in this morning and had a cold shower, it is so helpful and putting my head under the cold shower helps a lot. Have to remain indoors rest of day. Today is 36 degrees outside. We have had thunderstorms several days so not gone on computer.

I am doing pretty good at present as I did a 1% taper last week because of wanting to garden and the concert and now have grand-daughter's birthday and her father a few days later and soon it will be Christmas, but I am very aware of taking it easy and trying to do so. I notice when I stay inside and don't to much (exertion) I am much better.

I saw a cartoon I will try and describe:
    Hare to tortoise: "Let's have a race home. First one home wins."
    Tortoise: "ok"
    Hare: "shit" (sorry about the language)
    Tortoise: he has pulled his head into his shell - ie he is home instantly!
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Ha ha! Good joke, gD. And you’re doing just great with being sensible about self-care, and slowing down the taper, perhaps even taking a taper vacation for the holidays. Cooling your body down is very helpful.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I have been feeling off and fed up, trying to garden and finding I can't do it again, and getting irritable, etc. Then, this last week was a shocker, with high head pressure, sore heads, head banging sensation and 2 days in bed and 1 on the lounge with bad headaches. I am just starting to come good today. I am so sick and tired of this process.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    I have been feeling off and fed up, trying to garden and finding I can't do it again, and getting irritable, etc.
    Though staying active may help on particular days, or in particular weeks, when your body clearly says it's geting overwhelmed by physical exertion, it's indeed better to hold it offf for a while, until it gets better. For it will get better again no doubt.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Ah, gD, there is nothing worse in this whole hellish syndrome than the times when we go backwards. It’s part of the healing process – apparently very common with any kind of neurological healing – but it is so disheartening and angering!

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Though staying active may help on particular days, or in particular weeks, when your body clearly says it's geting overwhelmed by physical exertion, it's indeed better to hold it offf for a while, until it gets better. For it will get better again no doubt.
    Yes, Luc, I have to learn to listen to my body! Well, I just got through another day - sometimes by the skin of my teeth i seems like. I will forget the garden, but try and do the watering and return to walking as I was coping okay with that. I think it must be the bending that does me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Ah, gD, there is nothing worse in this whole hellish syndrome than the times when we go backwards. It’s part of the healing process – apparently very common with any kind of neurological healing – but it is so disheartening and angering!
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! hOW APPROPRIATE IS YOUR LION! Yes I am ANGRY! I have been reading my update and I can see the improvement, but it didn't help much! I am still feeling low - I think it is the batcave thing, where i have no energy, don't feel right, don't want to talk to anyone, not real, no desire, feel like I am wasting my life. I try and remind myself I am doing better, as far as many symptoms are concerned, especially breathlessness.