Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

18 MONTH UPDATE

Headaches: @ week
    Pre stabilizing: 4
    1st drop: 4.0 8th drop: 2 (attempted to garden)
    2nd drop: 4.0
    3rd drop: 3.1
    4th drop: 2.4
    5th drop: 1.2
    6th drop: 1.7
    8th drop: 2 (attempted to garden)
    I still seem to average 1 or 2 tension h/aches with each drop

Headaches were a severe side affect while on Aropax before tapering.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Even head pressure was mild, but I notice now on exertion it gets worse.
    That is very good you have found this correlation between exertion and the worsening of symptoms. It takes some time to learn how it works, but it will be very helpful in the long run.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

gD -- I remember you have a good in-house masseur. Maybe ask him to really focus on your neck, head, base of head, and upper back and shoulders and see if you can loosen the muscles and if that helps with the headaches.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    That is very good you have found this correlation between exertion and the worsening of symptoms. It takes some time to learn how it works, but it will be very helpful in the long run.
    Yes, this is very tricky. There is definitely a correlation! Oh, wow, when I remember all those years I persevered swimming once a week trying to strengthen my muscles! I would always get a headache 3 days later but never saw the connection.

I have definitely seen it over Christmas. Especially with extra things out of my routine (MY BODY NO LIKES!). I found Christmas VERY STRESSFUL. Even talking makes the vibrations go higher level. 3 days after Christmas day I got a mirgaine and spent the day in bed. I was glad for this migraine as it meant not going to another Christmas dinner with family. Another day I just took my daughter to lunch locally, and then shopping (instead of coming home for my usual rest) and I was whacked. I came home exhausted and thought I would sleep but the vibrations were skyh high and I couldn't.

Another thing that I am sure is a definite producer of extrme vibrations (body + head) - my daughter cooked a beautiful dinner last night of spaghetti bol with sauces in it (but she made sure they were artifical ingred and p;reservative free - but I don't usually eat shop bought saucees, so she doesn't like my bland/plain food! Anyway, it was very nice! Followed by dessert (we don'teat dessert normally) of jam filled tarts with cream/ice cream. Also very nice, but I try to avoid sugar! She also bought a bottle of red wine which I watered down by half and added ice to! Followed by coffee (I also avoid coffeeand haven't had alchhoohol since tapering). Well, the vibes went through the roof and despite being very, very tired, I tossed and turned (and with RLS) until 1.30am and got up and went back to bed about 3.30 and still couldn'tg fall aslep until 4.30am. Be warned everyone! Stick to your no alchohol, no coffee, no sugar diet!!! Big lesson for Grandma. It is very hard when daughter is trying to be very kind (this was the day I sp;ent in bed with migraine) loving and helpful!

Honestly, our dear ones just don't understand. I have tried gently to explain to her. I tried telling her how difficult it is visiting people and how stressful that is, and her response was: "mum you just need to get out more!". THat is why I so appreciate you guys and your responses, you make me feel understood, so thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    gD -- I remember you have a good in-house masseur. Maybe ask him to really focus on your neck, head, base of head, and upper back and shoulders and see if you can loosen the muscles and if that helps with the headaches.
    Yes, this a good idea! I am truly blessed with a beautiful hubby and already this last drop has been worse for muscle tension and he has been doing legs and back morning and night and it takes 30min to an hour so I don't like to push it! But I will sggest he just do my neck one time and the rest the next time.
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

I wanted to add that I have not been on here much as our computer is painfully slow and it gives me the irrates no end! Hubby is looking into doing something to make it faster. How are you all going and how was your Christmas?
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

I just wanted to add that I have not been on here much as our computer is painfully slow quite often. Today is quite good, though. Hubby is trying to do something to help it speed up.

How was your Christmas everyone?

18 MONTH UPDATE

Breathlessness: @ week
    Pre stabilizing: 3.0
    Stabilising: 6.0
    1st drop: 3.2
    2nd drop: 1.3
    3rd drop: 2.5
    4th drop: 3.0
    5th drop: 2.5
    6th drop: 1.7
    7th drop .7 (2.5% taper)
    No longer struggling to breathe. No more tight chests. No more chest pain.

i had the vibrations inside many symptomes such as akathisia, dysautonomia etc; vibrations trembling seem to have gone away since a while
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Yeah, it is a learning curve for everyone involved, gD. Even people who care can hardly believe how super-sensitive we are. It helps to tell them anecdotes about *other* people you know of from the forums. That sometimes helps make the syndrome more real.

That's so nice that your husband does all that massage for you. I think it's *very* therapeutic. I've been getting some targeted massage from my chiropractor and it's really unlocking things for me.

I hope you can get a faster Internet connection. It's a real lifeline -- a source of info, entertainment, etc.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit