Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Hybrid View

I also appreciate your comments re the nasal spray. The one I was using before (just when I needed it) was supposed to be addictive. This one - you use it every day as a precaution type thing is supposed to be safe. Are you aware of this second type? After my a/d hell I don't believe anything anyone tells me now, so I am very aware that this one may also become addictive so I usually only use it for a few days. It becomes very tempting though, when the head pressue improves and to think it is the nasal spray, but I also realise this can lead to more problems! I tried the salted water but it didn't help the head pressure. You have motivated me not to use it today and it has been 3 days, so I should stop, so thanks!

18 MONTH UPDATE

Palpitations @ week
    Pre stabilizing: 4.0
    Stabilising: 3.0
    1st drop: 1.0
    2nd drop: 1.0
    3rd drop: 1.0
    4th drop: 2.3
    5th drop: 2.2
    6th drop: 1.6
    7th drop: 1.0
    These seem to only come now at bedtime in the first few weeks of taper.

Vibrations (body) @ week
    Pre stabilizing: 4
    Stabilising: 7
    1st drop: 5.2
    2nd drop: 4.0
    3rd drop: 5.8
    4th drop: 5.4
    5th drop: 4.0
    6th drop: 5.3
    7th drop: 5.2
    8th drop: 5.1
    Instead of all day, full on, they are sometimes all day and other times they occur different times during the day rom mild to moderate to high.
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Re vibrations. Had those very very severe. Especially in the chest area.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

gD -- What are the ingredients of the second type of nasal spray?

<< Finally, I have a chance to use this one!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    gD -- What are the ingredients of the second type of nasal spray?

<< Finally, I have a chance to use this one!
    Ha ha! Very funny.
    Ingredients: Budesonide 32 micrograms/spray. That's all. It then says it is aqueous nasal spray

Oh boy, so hard today...resist the spray .. I have just had 2 very good days with a clear head - that I have not had since that last window! IT IS SO NICE. I even spent those two days doing 1 hour each day sewing - mending, that is. I have not done sewing/mending in 4 years. It is so tempting to run to the easy fix, but I still don't know if it is the nasal spray helping or I would just have the problem anyway. That is the hard thing, knowing!

18 MONTH UPDATE

Head vibrations:
    1st drop: nil
    2nd drop: nil
    3rd drop: 3.2
    4th drop: 3.4
    5th drop: 1.8
    6th drop: 4.5
    7th drop: 3.1
    8th drop: 2.1
    These often occur at different times throughout the day and vary in intensity and can last minutes or hours. Now that vibrations and head vibes are not constant all day every day, I have noticed that they increase with the increase of exertion.

Vibrations: Do you think they are the result of the nerves being raw/ ragged/ on edge/ etc?

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Vibrations: Do you think they are the result of the nerves being raw/ ragged/ on edge/ etc?
    Pretty much a severe dysregulation of everything there is. But, luckily enough, nature helps us put it in order again.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budesonide -- it's a steroid. Absolutely not a good thing to take except once in awhile. I hear you, I have had terrrible sinus, terrible, for a very long time. You do what you have to do. I had to take benadryl for awhile, which is also not a good idea. But try to take things sporadically, just to give you a break. Don't let yourself get dependent on anything.

Look into neti pot, steaming your face (I mean really, with towel on head, 10 minutes several times a day), and quercetin.

As Luc says, hard to know what's causing the vibrations. It's a non-specific symptom than can be caused by so many things, including low blood sugar. In our case, it's related to akathisia.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budesonide
    Look into neti pot, steaming your face (I mean really, with towel on head, 10 minutes several times a day), and quercetin.
    I thought you meant to put it into the hot water??? Or did you mean to just eat the foods with it in???