Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Stan, do you think the vibration and tingling is w/d? Sounds like it eventually goes away? I'm sorry I don't know what those strange words mean in reality?

Sheila, I woke with a headache again yesterday so got hubby to do the neck (it seems to come from the shoulder blade and neck up into my head) but it had no effect, unfortunately. It might need to be done on a regular basis like my legs and butt.

The internet is fine today - it seems to depend on what time I use it and probably whether heaps of others are on at the same time. I'll just try different times until hubby does something.

I have come to realise nothing really works. Sometimes I take the night mercyndol and it doesn't work. Other times it works. Then I don't take it and the headache lasts another 2 or 3 days. This was a big risk after only 1 day headache yesterday (but I had one only 2 days before) so I decided not to take the mercyndol at bedtime - and there you go - today it was a lot better. It is crazy, just crazy.

I realised my nose was blocked more than usual last night so I used the nasal spray and the headache is better, just more olike a moderate pressure head today, so it could be allergy. I just reminded myself to use it again as it is one of those you are supposed to use every day to be effective. I hate doing that so usually use it only as long as I have to.

the vibrations and tingling are withdrawal, before weaning meds i never had them; these have practilly gone away for me, so i think it could be the same for you
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Yes vibrations are WD related , i never had them before, but they gone now.
    Deroxat (PAXIL) 20mg November 2009
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

Just to make it well and truly crazy-making, gD, sometimes nothing works and sometimes something works, and it's utterly unpredictable. So, do keep trying the neck and shoulder massage.

Also, I would recommend using the nasal spray only as needed and not every day. They are extremely habit-forming. I have gotten addicted to them and had to withdraw several times over the course of w/d, but I felt I had no better option. My sinus has been one of my worst symptoms, so bad I couldn't sleep.

I haven't had to use a nasal spray for a year or two now. I'm more healed, but I'm also using quercetin, which I recommend for allergies.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Also, I would recommend using the nasal spray only as needed and not every day. They are extremely habit-forming.
    This, plus it can damage mucous membranes in the nose. So, going the more natural way, the better. I used a lot of the nasal spray in the past, and had to go higher and higher with the dose for it to have the same effect.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Oh boy, this thing is so painfully slow again. Hubby says it is not our computer but the clogged network. He reckons it was okay during the Chistmas break because people were not at work and were on holidays.

Anyway, thanks so much Stan and dv for your encouraging post. The vibrations - did you also have them in your head? I have such trouble getting to sleep and try and comfort myself with "one day.... how nice it would be ... for my body and head to be at peace, restful with no vibration, and no ringing in the ears and no RLS ... just to be at peace .... I might scare myself and think I am dead, though! LOL

The vibes are still one of the highest things on my list.

I also appreciate your comments re the nasal spray. The one I was using before (just when I needed it) was supposed to be addictive. This one - you use it every day as a precaution type thing is supposed to be safe. Are you aware of this second type? After my a/d hell I don't believe anything anyone tells me now, so I am very aware that this one may also become addictive so I usually only use it for a few days. It becomes very tempting though, when the head pressue improves and to think it is the nasal spray, but I also realise this can lead to more problems! I tried the salted water but it didn't help the head pressure. You have motivated me not to use it today and it has been 3 days, so I should stop, so thanks!

18 MONTH UPDATE

Palpitations @ week
    Pre stabilizing: 4.0
    Stabilising: 3.0
    1st drop: 1.0
    2nd drop: 1.0
    3rd drop: 1.0
    4th drop: 2.3
    5th drop: 2.2
    6th drop: 1.6
    7th drop: 1.0
    These seem to only come now at bedtime in the first few weeks of taper.

Vibrations (body) @ week
    Pre stabilizing: 4
    Stabilising: 7
    1st drop: 5.2
    2nd drop: 4.0
    3rd drop: 5.8
    4th drop: 5.4
    5th drop: 4.0
    6th drop: 5.3
    7th drop: 5.2
    8th drop: 5.1
    Instead of all day, full on, they are sometimes all day and other times they occur different times during the day rom mild to moderate to high.
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Anyway, thanks so much Stan and dv for your encouraging post. The vibrations - did you also have them in your head? .
    yes, at bed times, they come first from the back of the head, and surely after a stress day
    Deroxat (PAXIL) 20mg November 2009
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

Re vibrations. Had those very very severe. Especially in the chest area.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.