Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    normally, it is the same way, make a try, it has to function now
    Bump
    Luc - you know how?

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Bump
    Luc - you know how?
    Click on the "image" icon on the bar just above the space you usually put your text in, then click "from computer" (if your picture is stored in the computer), click "select files", choose a picture, "upload file(s)". Remember to put at least 4 characters (any) that accompany the pictures for the system to accept it.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I hope you're safe there, GrandmaD. Keep us posted on the situation.

As for the photo, we had some changes in the system recently. When Stan will be reading this thread, he will come up with some advice on it I think.

I have been hearing about your fire situation, gD. You're handling it very well. Do everything you can to stay cool and drink a ton of water. I hope the weather conditions improve.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Update on the fires -
    They are still out of control 11k's away but saying they are contained. It has been days now, I forget how many. We are in danger on days like today when the temp is back up to 40 and the wind pick up. It is windy, but not gale force like the other day. I think the wind must be blowing the other direction as we have no smoke today.

Our problem is if the wind turns westerly, and picks up, we are in big danger and if the fire comes this way.

There are firemen and engines from towns nearby - a couple of towns an hour away and even one town long way away. They are here to defend the town in case of fire.

The other firies are the rural lot and they are on 12 hour shifts with another lot on standby.

We are seeeing planes buzzing overhead back and forth and I have seen at least 3 helpicoptrs at once in the sky. They are coming back to our town to re-fuel. It is exciting to see them with their water bombs hanging down. They pass right over our house, so I go out and wave to them!

They say we aren't out of the woods due to high temperaturs and should weather conditions suddeny change, that is our danger. So we are on alert and watching.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this, gD! It's great that they sound well-prepared and like they're doing a fine job with the situation.

California is also a land of fire, and I've been packed up to evacuate once. And a couple of summers ago, we had terrible air quality from forest fires north of us. I get helicopters flying overhead dumping bags of water almost every summer. It's unnerving....

I'm saying a prayer for you and your neighbors. Keep letting us know the latest.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I'm sorry the fires are causing so much distress and fear GrandmaD. About 3 weeks before the Black Saturday fires - OMG! four years ago now - we had a fire break out in a small band of the scrub near our former home. In the suburbs. We had JUST sold our house, mind you, 2 days earlier. Anyhow, we were asked to evacuate and I can tell you, it was damn scary. The fire was just 5 houses away. I remember thinking stupid things like, "should I bring the washing in off the line" ...

When I got home later that night, there was evidence of a spot fire in our front garden, and holes in the sheets that were still on line, but thankfully everything was ok. The house just next to the scrubland, however, had a fair bit of damage. An ember had gotten in via the aircon on the roof. I felt so sorry for those people.

Of course this will NOT be helping your w/d. Damn!
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Well, you never know - I often have to go to bed with a 3 day headache anyway. This time it was only 1 day of bed, the other 2 on the lounge, so that is better. We were should have evacuated a we found out - some neighbours did! We were not aware of the "survival plan" you are to download - we are not computer people. Why they don't post out valuable info like this is beyond me.

My son was very anxious and phoned us to leave, but I couldn't even think what to pack so didn't pack anything. Then I couldn't decide if we should leave or not, it was too big a hassle - this is not unusual, for I cannot make decisions, still.

ANyway, still here and safe. I think the fire is out - no smoke. Nothing on the the news or radio, so that wasn't worth listening for. I canstill hear planes and copters going overhead, though. It is enough to just get through the day and do my usual routine - I cannot cope still with "extras"! But I am coping with my set routine and for that I am glad.

Junior, how are you doing now?
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

My 3 day headache has gone at last and even the head pressure is back to mild. I have new incentive now - to put my history into a readable form and then share what has been happening with about half a dozen of my friends I cut off in order to take this journey. (They have no idea what is wrong with me). I think I am getting ready to admit to it (I was so ashamed) and let them know.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    My 3 day headache has gone at last and even the head pressure is back to mild. I have new incentive now - to put my history into a readable form and then share what has been happening with about half a dozen of my friends I cut off in order to take this journey.
    That is an awesome idea, GrandmaD.