Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Hmmm, you're someone most of whose problems are on the right side. You're unusual. I wonder if this gives us a clue. But you have a couple of things on the left, just like I have one thing (jaw tension) on the right.

Historically, I have walked into door frames and hallway corners a lot -- I simply can't be bothered with going *around* them. Takes too much time.....I've gotten better about this.....

Oh, the heat sounds terrible. I'm already dreading next summer here -- I don't have A/C either. Wish they would come up with some better personal cooling devices.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Awwww Grandma - so sorry to hear about your little toe. Damn things cause a lot of pain and yes, it does make a HUGE difference to our balance and the way we walk.

Very glad to hear that you are safe from the bushfires. Tassie and NSW seem to be getting the worst of it this year. Hope I haven't jinxed Victoria by saying that because summer has a way to go yet.

Your w/d is going really well. You are going to do it. You know that? You are going to get there. Don't know WHEN exactly but you WILL get there. Like me. Eventually ....
    Thanks Junior - it is just irritating... so much already to put up with and then a little thing like that causes a big problem... same goes for you having your bowel problem. It is still very sore but I am walking better today. My muscle is very sore from limping now but it should get better as I start to walk better.

Yes, we are not out of the woods yet - it has been a bad year, I cannot remember having such high temps for days and now weeks on end. I asked my son how the baby coped with the heat, as I recalll hanging wet sheets around the lounge room with the fan on when he was a baby... and he said: "what heat?" They have air con!

When I get to 5mg - that is my goal for now - I think I will be happy and be very hopeful that I can do it. At the present, I am not sure, as having gone up to tghe 5% I expect to be worse but determined to grit my teeth and get off quicker! This last week was awful, worse than that week at 5% but because it is my choice, I will grin and bear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Hmmm, you're someone most of whose problems are on the right side. You're unusual. I wonder if this gives us a clue. But you have a couple of things on the left, just like I have one thing (jaw tension) on the right.
    I wonder what exactly is on the right side of the brain - you know, what controls what? Would that be a clue? It does seem weird how so many people have left side issues, though. I wonder what the left side of the brain controls?

Historically, I have walked into door frames and hallway corners a lot -- I simply can't be bothered with going *around* them. Takes too much time.....I've gotten better about this.....
    am learning to keep my leg in the middle of my body, especially while toe is so sensitive, I am so afraid I might kick it. Wearing shoes also in the house, hate wearin shoes! I think I realised I don't fully open the door, either, so not much space to go through, so might hae to train myself to open it right up!
    Oh, the heat sounds terrible. I'm already dreading next summer here -- I don't have A/C either. Wish they would come up with some better personal cooling devices.
    It's called getting in the fridge LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I wonder what exactly is on the right side of the brain - you know, what controls what? Would that be a clue? It does seem weird how so many people have left side issues, though. I wonder what the left side of the brain controls?

am learning to keep my leg in the middle of my body, especially while toe is so sensitive, I am so afraid I might kick it. Wearing shoes also in the house, hate wearin shoes! I think I realised I don't fully open the door, either, so not much space to go through, so might hae to train myself to open it right up!
    It's called getting in the fridge LOL

I will be glad when I can walk again. Not walked for ages due to heat and bad heads and now the toe, so I will relish it when I can. Last night it was overcast - we THOUGHT IT WOULD RAIN! But, not high temps again today. I sat onthe front verandah and thought about how nice it will be to go for a walk again.

I still have no naseau - and I just can't get over it! I have ben expecting to get it back, and it is just so weird! I am even eating my evening meal now and having morning tea and afternoon tea... I lost quite a bit of weight during that time, so will have to watch it! Hope when I get back to walking, that will help in that rea also.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    I still have no naseau - and I just can't get over it! I have ben expecting to get it back, and it is just so weird! I am even eating my evening meal now and having morning tea and afternoon tea...
    Great news!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Yes, Luc, it is great! I still can't get over it! I must have had naseau for a year. I remember last year travelling to Vic. in our van having to eat semolina and yoghurt and egg nog and bananas. At some point, I was able to eat breakfast cereals and toast and baked beans. Then I recall being able to eat lunch as well and all I wanted for dinner every night was spinach!

This is the one symptoms I notice I don't have every day now and have ventured out to eat morning and afternoon tea as well.

Actually, I am now wondering, since it has not returned with the 5% taper, if there is perhaps a point at which naseau goes away and does not return? ANYONE?

I am thinking this, because I just realised that some of the earlier symptoms like the crawlies in the my scalp have not returned. I have not had spasms for quite a while now. I don't get dizzy anymore. So perhaps some of the symptoms "drop off" after a while????

A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS FOR RAIN! We got a big downpour last night - 30mls in 1 hour and another 5ml overnight! It was wonderful, so beautiful, so needed, so WET! We were all so excited! The garden looks damp and this morning is nice and cool, and I can just sense how grateful my poor shrubs and trees are for a nice big drink! I am hoping it didn't all run off the hard dry ground and hoping for more gentler, soaking rain that will soak down to the roots.

Great news about your nausea, gD! Yes, it certainly does happen that some symptoms fade to a stop even while the overall recovery is still going on.

Great news about the rain!

Well, remember the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and the left hemisphere controls the right side of the body. Right hemi is more holistic, intuitive. Left hemi is more linear, logical. But, that's a gross simplification.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sheila, shouldn't you be in bed right now on the other side of the world???

Do you remember a post you did quite a while back now, a sort of summary of the world of psych meds and a long list of references at the end. You posted it a bit at a time, day at a time, I think... I have no idea where to find it now. It was quite long and I did copy it onto my stick and have since read it, but didn't copy it all and want to do it again. I thought it would be a good resource for me to give to my friends.

I have set a date next week for those friends i cut off to do this taper to share with them what has been my problem. I have 3 out of 5 coming, so that is good.