Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Rain... finally...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

When I wrote my last post, it was 4:30 pm in the afternoon in Northern California.

Now, I'm posting this one at about 3:02 pm in the afternoon.

I think this is the article you meant. Great to give as an intro to others –

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...xic-psychiatry

Wow, that is very smart of you to plan this meeting, gD. Please let us know what happens.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

YES, THAT'S IT!! Thanks you! That is an excellent article to inform our family and friends with, so thanks for taking the time to put that up, much appreciated!

I have had another very good day when I did some sewing! I couldn't believe myself. I kept saying to myself: "Look at me, I am sewing!" How strange!

The weather has cooled down, which is a great relief. I think the heat was causing my legs to be more painful than usual.

I went for a short 20min walk this morning to see how the toe coped. I did okay, it is still sore. They said after a week take the strapping off, but I am going to leave it on as it is still very achey.

Aw, that sounds like a good day all around! Lots of positive things happened!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

good for you doing your sewing GrD,

are you doing embroidery? cross stitch? Id love to see it if you can post a piccie?

and Im really pleased to hear you had a good day. xxxxxxx
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Thanks Iggy. I am making placemats, something very quick and simple! You are very craft also, I see, you make beautiufl things! Ihve done embroidery in the past, and cross stitch, but too small too see for myh eyes now. I used to knit a lot until I learned to crochet which is faster, but don't do that anymore.

Many years ago my (grown up) daughter wanted me to make her a rabbit she saw in a book of mine. She is taying wih us till her appartment is finished and she still has him. I left it for her to buy him the kind of eyes she wanted, and she never did - so sh called him Seymor "cause he wanted to see more!". So I bought some eyes and each day I get up she puts him in a different spot - one day on the lounge where I lie a lot! Today he was in the fridge! She went to seeher new apartment for first time last week so I put him in her car, so he could go too! It's all good fun and makes me smile, which I need!

I meant to describe Symor, he is made from calico and embroidered with cream embroidery thread and has moveable joints and head.

I used to make applique quilts and patchwork, but that is on hold, too big. Have you tried any of these crafts?

your post made me laugh GrD, seymor sounds greta fun, its also lovely to hear that you are able to be silly and have fun still, I am not able to do those things, but I hope one day in the futire I may be able to..its my dearest wish..

I havent tried the applique or the patchwork, Im not too hot with a sewing machine, I have one but Im not great with it, Im better doing things just by hand, but I am making some tapestry cushions at the moment, Im doing lettering of things that I would like to feel

I have finished the front of one that says 'JOY' and have started one that says 'HOPE'

How do you make placemats? are you doing embroidery on them or making from scratch? anyway please post some piccies when you have done them, I would love to see. (just like seymor would lol)
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Maybe you can put that on your wish list for the future - to do patchwork and quilting. You can start making small things to practice on your sewing machine to build up your confidence.

I have not tried tapestry, but I have a beautiful one my daughter in law was throwing out! She did to have something to do with her hands while giving up smoking.
    I'd like to see a pic of your cushions when finished.

The placements are kind of patchwork - hit and miss squares. Okay will take a pic when done - And I do have a photo already of Seymor somewhere, so will find that - he is a very handsome bunny!

Can someone tell me the ideal KB a photo should be to post here, as that one of the fire I put up I re-sized down by 50% and was still quite big.
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

I had my morning tea with 3 of my friends - the others want to come later on. I nearly cancelled because I felt ready to do it last week (a good week) but this week has been crap. I was suddenly overwhelmed one day with tiredness, lethargy, heaviness, feeling slow, low and weak and it got worse and worse as the day went on. Next day was the same along with the head getting worse with pressure. Anyway, I coped fairly, but was pushing it for 2hours, I'd had enough after 1 hour but the conversation didn't have a break for me to tell them the reason I'd invited them. I just gave them 15mins in a nutshell summary and said they could read the whole story if they wanted to take a copy home and they all took one home. I'm glad they know - and are warned, and that I did it and it's over.

My head got worse while they were here and after they left started the banging sensation so I have had 2 lay downs this afternoon and the banging has stopped but I am exhausted. Catch you all tomorrow, hopefully!

Wow. How courageous of you. How did they take it? Did they believe you?
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous