Thread: Vitamin C

Hybrid View

Vitamin C

For some time now, I've been taking high amounts of Vitamin C (mostly from natural sources). Months back, I had those continuous infections, colds, etc., but, knock on wood, it's improved. Of course, it could partly be b/c I am in the next stage of WD, but I am also strongly convinced that Vitamin C has helped a lot. It's really worth trying.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

i just eat 3 orange juice(once a week); i hate chemical C
    i do not know if it helps me, but it cannot worse me

I have seen a clear difference in how many colds I get per year depending on how much Vit. C I take. Vit. C is also used by the adrenals more than by any other part of the body. And our adrenals are depleted. I developed adrenal pain several years into w/d due to the chronic stress, and it went away when I raised my Vit. C
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Luc you said "next stage" of w/d. It has stages????

I merged this thread with the older "Vitamin C" thread. There is some really good info in the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Luc you said "next stage" of w/d. It has stages????
    It all depends on the way each of us reacts to the drugs in general, how long we were taking them, and many other things. In some cases though, the common denominator is that, even if the symptoms fluctuate, changing in their intensity and texture, they improve on average - the worst, and the most hellish, akathisia/obsessive thoughts/panic attacks-type stage eventually morphes into a less painful one. Then in the less painful, and so on, getting closer and closer to the point of healing. It doesn't, of course, happen in all cases. Some improve much faster than others. I'm, personally, one of those long-termers for whom recovery takes longer...