Thread: Neuro-emotion

Hybrid View

I really like what you have to say Sheila. I am my own worst critic and I have spent so MANY years beating myself up for things I have done and choices I have made. I have carried too much guilt for too long. My family is very religious and that in itself has it's own set of problems. I love my family, that is not the issue but "religion" has damaged me greatly esp having this "label" b/c of these meds. I am spiritual and open to many things and have found alot of healing in Buddhist meditation (for example). I'm sitting here at 1am on Christmas a.m. dealing with the usual W/D pattern that has reared it's ugly head in the last few weeks.

I'm not fighting the fact that I can't sleep tonight and want to be sick to my stomach. It's my body waking up I think. The movie "Awakenings" comes to mind with Robin Williams. I feel like I have been asleep for 7 going on 8 years. I am reading as much as I can to understand what is going on with my body and mind. I find that I am isolating myself which isn't good but I know the time will come when I am ready to be social again. I feel like my life has been stolen and I'm fighting to get it back (which I am). I used to be so positive before this medication hell. I am just grateful that I have seen the light and found a place where I am not alone.
    On SSRIs and SNRIs since 2005 with no break
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)
    Cymbalta 120mg since 2008

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I feel like I have been asleep for 7 going on 8 years. I am reading as much as I can to understand what is going on with my body and mind. I find that I am isolating myself which isn't good but I know the time will come when I am ready to be social again. I feel like my life has been stolen and I'm fighting to get it back (which I am). I used to be so positive before this medication hell. I am just grateful that I have seen the light and found a place where I am not alone.
    Keep it up, Elizabeth. You will get your life back. This self-awareness you talk about is extremely important in WD. Once you get on this path, it helps you heal better.

As for isolating oneself, it sometimes needed, but, more often than not, it's better to push oneself just this tiny bit to be with others.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Keep it up, Elizabeth. You will get your life back. This self-awareness you talk about is extremely important in WD. Once you get on this path, it helps you heal better.

As for isolating oneself, it sometimes needed, but, more often than not, it's better to push oneself just this tiny bit to be with others.
    Thanks Luc, without self-awareness I have no idea where I'd be. Today was busy with family (certain difficult members that aggravate things) and quite hellish (internally). Physically I am a mess but I hid it like a pro (LOL) I just need to lie down and think of a new tomorrow. I want to cry now. :(
    On SSRIs and SNRIs since 2005 with no break
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)
    Cymbalta 120mg since 2008

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy