Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Be kind to yourself

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    I often make this dream,Luc!
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Stan and squirrel – What is one thing you would say to be kind to someone else going through w/d?

Would you say something like: “I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It’s a terrible ordeal.”
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Not sure who is the lamb - the lamb or me

I didn't set out to be kind to myself yesterday, but while I was walking past our (farmer) neighbour I saw they had the sheep rounded up. I knew it was time for the lambs to have their tails cut off and presumed that was what it was all about. It was a good opportunity to say hi to someone and know Iwouldn't be caught up for hours.

We chatted briefly, which suits me fine, besides it was difficult to talk because the guys were so busy. One was putting the lambs in the cradles and giving them an injection while the other guy was making a snip in the testicles and inserting his fingers in to pull our the testes ..... and we thought w/d was difficult.... and the poor little lamb let out a cry at the same time, and then snipped off half the ear!

The girl as rounding the sheep up into the yard, ready for the boys, where lambs are also traumatised being separated from mum. She spotted one only a day or two old (skin and bone and a bit of fluff at this age) and brought it to me for a pat. I took it in my arms and gave it a cuddle and for the next 15mins I felt SO GOOD.... His little heart was beating 100miles an hour, so I whispered love and kind words to the little lamb. He bleated the cutest tiny little bleat for his mum for a while and then settled down, resting his chin on my arm as I held him close. It did me such good to be able to comfort he little fellah! After a while, his heart rate slowed down and we both felt good!

My time was up and I would have loved to take the little lamb home! I handed him to the one of the blokes and left quickly, not wanting to see this tiny, vulnerable, helpless newborn go through the torture! As I left, I realisedd i felt more normal than I have in a LONG LONG TIME. I had not noticed the head pressure, the breathlessness, the vibrations, the ear ringing, etc, etc!!!! IT WAS SOOOO NICE!!

I was glad that even though I hadn't thought about the kindness thing, I was glad I decided to take the time to drop by and watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Stan and squirrel – What is one thing you would say to be kind to someone else going through w/d?

Would you say something like: “I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It’s a terrible ordeal.”
    i would not say this,

the only is hang on

Grandmad,

these moment are very short and we have to apreciate them immediately

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    I didn't set out to be kind to myself yesterday, but while I was walking past our (farmer) neighbour I saw they had the sheep rounded up. I knew it was time for the lambs to have their tails cut off and presumed that was what it was all about. It was a good opportunity to say hi to someone and know Iwouldn't be caught up for hours.

We chatted briefly, which suits me fine, besides it was difficult to talk because the guys were so busy. One was putting the lambs in the cradles and giving them an injection while the other guy was making a snip in the testicles and inserting his fingers in to pull our the testes ..... and we thought w/d was difficult.... and the poor little lamb let out a cry at the same time, and then snipped off half the ear!

The girl as rounding the sheep up into the yard, ready for the boys, where lambs are also traumatised being separated from mum. She spotted one only a day or two old (skin and bone and a bit of fluff at this age) and brought it to me for a pat. I took it in my arms and gave it a cuddle and for the next 15mins I felt SO GOOD.... His little heart was beating 100miles an hour, so I whispered love and kind words to the little lamb. He bleated the cutest tiny little bleat for his mum for a while and then settled down, resting his chin on my arm as I held him close. It did me such good to be able to comfort he little fellah! After a while, his heart rate slowed down and we both felt good!

My time was up and I would have loved to take the little lamb home! I handed him to the one of the blokes and left quickly, not wanting to see this tiny, vulnerable, helpless newborn go through the torture! As I left, I realisedd i felt more normal than I have in a LONG LONG TIME. I had not noticed the head pressure, the breathlessness, the vibrations, the ear ringing, etc, etc!!!! IT WAS SOOOO NICE!!

I was glad that even though I hadn't thought about the kindness thing, I was glad I decided to take the time to drop by and watch them.
    Thanks for sharing these precious moments, grandmaD. It reminds me "The silence of the lambs" when Clarisse tried to save a lamb who must be killed...
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

gD -- good for you for unconsciously choosing to do something for yourself that was kind, and then for consciously really taking the the goodness of the experience.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i would not say this,

the only is hang on
    OK, well, you said you did not know what it means to be kind to yourself earlier in this thread. So, if you say this one thing "Hang on" in a kind tone of voice *to yourself* that is one instance of cultivating kindness towards yourself.

-- Holger Kalweit

I forgot to say that the lambs also had their tails "singed" off with a red hot something or other, like a pair of tongs! Owwww!!

I now think every day about how to be kind to myself! The other day my head was very, very sore, to touch, or move my hair and then started the head banging sensation. By lunch time I thought to myself have my usual rest and then stay on the lounge the rest of the day. I got a migraine, but who knows, I might have had it for 2 days and not 1 had I kept trying to persevere. Next time, I will go and lie down like Sheila suggested in my journal EARLIER and maybe prevent the migraine altogethr>>>>>?????

Right on!

<-----gD warding off a migraine by relaxing as only a cat can

-- Holger Kalweit