Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Open Dialogue - Finland - the hardly mentioned but very effective non-drug ways...

Hybrid View

What is the message of this video? My comuter is too slow to view it.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    What is the message of this video? My comuter is too slow to view it.
    It's the "Open Dialogue" project in Finland. They use non-drug methods to treat psychosis (or what the mainstream has come to call it) with great success. They have been able to succesfully treat aproximately 85% of the cases (first-break psychosis).

http://www.mindfreedom.org/kb/mental...-open-dialogue

Also, they have recorded a 90% decline in schizophrenia. http://www.psychforums.com/schizophr...opic61263.html
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks for writing that out, Junior. I like to hear what is being tried by different people. There is still much for us to learn about helping this syndrome.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

There certainly is Sheila. On a very general and broad level, I would think things that help depression and anxiety would be beneficial as many w/d symptoms mimic these. BUT thinks like HTP and St Johns Wort should be avoided as they altermuch the same things as ad/s themselves. Just my opinion.

My naturopath listens to what I describe, looks in my eyes (iridology) and at my tongue, then considers recent research and her own experience in helping others. She is in her 50s and has had lots of experience. She is also a realist and accepts that people will see GPs and that all the different types of medicine complement one another. This is one of the things I really like about her. She deal with life, not ideals.

It is always going to be difficult knowing how to help others going through w/d since so little is understood about the neurological bases of things like depression and anxiety in the first place. But anecdotal information is probably the best we have. And you and your team here are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Thanks so much for the compliment, Junior! I think iridology is so cool. I would like to have an iridology exam. I remember how much you like your naturopath. It's so wonderful to find a healer you really like and trust!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Keep walking. Just keep walking.