Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Open Dialogue - Finland - the hardly mentioned but very effective non-drug ways...

Open Dialogue - Finland - the hardly mentioned but very effective non-drug ways...

...of treating serious conditions.

As we all know, psychoactive drugs are prescribed for many reasons. And, as much as some doctors will admit that those types of drugs may indeed be over-prescribed, they will still say there are conditions in which it cannot be avoided. Well, quoting Dr. Peter Breggin - [by taking antidepressants] "you put poison into your brain". Doctors, by saying that "there are conditions in which it cannot be avoided", and keeping prescribing that poison, break the most fundamental of principles - "Primum non nocere" ("First, do no harm").

Now, have a look at this video. If you talk to somebody, and this person uses the "unavoidability" argument, tell them it's not true and show them this;

http://www.mindfreedom.org/kb/mental...-open-dialogue
    Last edited by Luc; 05-23-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I love these people!

<< They get an IAWP merit award
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Actually, I had either read about this project in Finland or viewed it on a TV program, a few years ago (can't remember exactly when).

In any case, I'm so glad you posted this Luc. It's has a very important message and it appears (correct me if I'm making a wrong assumption) that these people have conducted longitudinal studies on their clients/consumers?

Anyway, it's impressive what they have been able to prove. I will have to watch the video again since, I likely have missed a few things. (lol)

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I love these people!

<< They get an IAWP merit award
    Oh yes, they do!

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    It's has a very important message and it appears (correct me if I'm making a wrong assumption) that these people have conducted longitudinal studies on their clients/consumers?
    Yes, Sam. :) According to what I have found out, they have. I'll be looking into it more in the time to come. Such ideas are really worth spreading - it pierces right through the most guarded argument for the use of drugs - "hey, but what about those cases?!"

Fascinating. Thanks for posting it Luc.

It actually reminds me of a program I found out about when I was working in Community Mental Health. It is called "Hearing Voices". More info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_Voices_Movement
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Great stuff, Junior! I must look into it more in the time to come. How skewed is this entire typology in the Western World - the groups with vested interests deciding on what is good or bad.

Capitalism at its 'best'.

My GP doesn't believe in natural medicine. And yet my naturopath has helped me quite a lot in withdrawal.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Junior -- what has your naturopath recommended?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

What is the message of this video? My comuter is too slow to view it.