Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stomach/indigestion

Stomach/indigestion

If anyone had any ideas about it (how to alleviate it, or simply confirm going through the similar), you are very welcome... For some days now, I have been suffering from indigestion - lots of weakness going on, the symptoms went through the roof (though, still not as bad as in early WD). I have a feeling as if my body wasn't strong enough to deal with this kind of thing the way it would if I wasn't in WD. When I think it's getting better, it's all back to square one.

I know for sure this one is not psychosomatic. I know it all like the back of my hand - when it's a typical wave, and when it's more physical...

I have tried some herbs, but not much improvement. I had the same some months ago and then earlier on, and it passed eventually, but when you're in the mid of this crap, it's darn hard...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

if you tolerate olive oil, try 2 tablespoons in the morning 30 minutes before breakfast, it will be fine either for bowels
    Deroxat (PAXIL) 20mg November 2009
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

i have something in each area of my body and of course in bowels, stomac;
    about digestion i have experienced something odd;
    each morning i drink milk half creame
    when i drink half creame long preservation, i have digestion problems immediately;
    when i drink half creame fresh, i am ok
    but i have waves phenomena in abdomen as in all body
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Hey Luc, it s very frustrating for sure! Last week I thought the naseau had gone at last after like 9 weeks. I got appetitie back now and then and had some cake and a kebab - indigestion, naseau, etc. So this week I tried cake again - more naseau and indigestion. So today - NO CAKE, no bad stuff! I got stomach cramps! It is just ridiculous!

As for any help - eating smaller meals hleps. I eat soup each night. Eat fruit. Eat yoghurt (friend says it helps with naseau - but I can't guarantee it) I am avoiding wheat this week to see .... but no wheat today and belly ache... nothing makes any sense. When the naseau was real bad up to week 9, I did find peppermint tea helped a bit, as much as I hate the stuff! I also have tablets called "de-gas" and I think they are just a capsule with peppermint in them. I also take antacids. I hope you can find some relif and TELL US ALL!

Thank you for all the good words, folks. Though it's rough, I know it's still so much better than a year or two ago. What is most incredible about it all is to what degree such incidents (temporary physical sickness, stress, etc.) may augment the dysautonomia symptoms again. When there are moments when my body and mind are lucky enough to stay away from those, I can even think to myself now and then "ok, my life is still far from a 'normal' one, BUT it's tolerable". I hope to get there in the days to come. I'll let you know about it. Take care, Everyone. And stay strong!

Luc -- are you having trouble digesting? I think Alex on SA had some luck with digestive enzymes. Bitters have helped me. Alka-Seltzer, baking soda, ginger. It would help if you could say more specifically what the problem is. Don't be shy! We all have gastric problems! I've had diarrhea or soft stool for 9 years now.....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Curiously enough, the physical symptoms per se are not that severe - if a non-WD person had it, they wouldn't even probably suffer much, but in the state of dysautonomia it gets bizarre. It's mostly pressure in the stomach, physical weakness, and those bouts of feeling you're about to faint (at the present stage of withdrawal, I have those only when I go through some extra physical problems), and, above all, you can feel it comes from your stomach area.

The good news is that yesterday around afternoon it got a tad bit better, and I had much better appetite. I can only hope it won't be back. Next time, I will try out more ingredients that could work, especially ginger. Thanks a lot for all the advice!

PS Despite this setback, there simultaneously happened something positive - I'll write about it in my journal.

I think the whole thing is crazy! I said I would avoid wheat and cake this week. Today I ate cake, I know I am stupid but would you believe I did not get sick stomach.

Yesterday I had stomach cramps and I think it was the nuts and pumpkin seeds, because I did not have them today.

I think you could eat just one thing and wait and see if that is safe - then include more things until you find out whais safe. But I have eaten nuts and seeds before and been okay, so like I said, it is just crazy! Has to be the W/D acting up on the stomach. I find it hard to believe after 10 weeks of tapering it can still affect me!

I have also had a feeling like "fulness" maybe like the pressure you describe? Like I had just eaten, but hadn't. Those times I drink milk with an egg and some yoghurt but there are times even that will make me feel crook in the tummy.

Oh yes, crazy it is. I have yet to find any similar illness there is to WD - it's paradoxes upon paradoxes. The entire body is so lost on all levels during the WD... grasping at straws, trying to figure out where's the left and right, the up and down. But, even if slowly, it will keep improving.

Luc.........

i just posted an article in the Symptoms forum regarding the use of Apple Cider Vinegar for Digestive Issues.

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...=7070#post7070

Please note that I have not personally tried this but I did buy a bottle of ORGANIC apple cider vinegar and I'm going to be trying it out. I still have to find out how much to use. I want to start off consuming LESS than what is recommended and then gradually increase.

It's also suppose to be good for weight loss and so many other conditions as well eg. athlete's foot. I discovered this by utilizing the earthclinic web site.

Anyway, you may wish to give this a try.

With that said, I do know that ginger really is a great remedy for various types of digestive upsets and can also help with dizziness. Ginger also has a calming effect and can be an aid in reducing anxiety levels.

It also an anti-inflammatory (if I remember correctly)

Hope this may be of some help to you and to others who view this thread.

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.