Thread: What do you guys do about RLS

What do you guys do about RLS

Hello guys, well the hellish RLS i have had is back again, I have had it for 2 weeks now, i havent slept in 2 days , the pains from this are killing me, is there anything you can do, to alleviate so i can sleep, ive learned to just live with w/d, but this symptom is killing me, i cant sleep literally, anyone know what i can do to at least sleep

Aw, Shane, I'm so sorry. It's really a nightmare. My RLS / akathisia was worse when I lay on my back, and much better when I lay on my left side. Have you experimented with this?

Have you tried magnesium?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

i have a kind of legs trembling, but not RLS(restless leg syndrome)
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

So sorry to hear about it, Shane. I have it, too, though only from time to time. Are there moments when it lets up a bit?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I am so sorry you have this. It swings between mild and intense so that I cannot sleep. You might try and massage your legs with some handcream. I found that I needed to go to sleep very quickly after this, because the pain started up again and so that was not always possible.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    I often have RLS when I sit on my sofa to watch TV in the evening and during the night too.As Sheila wrote it is better laying on the left side.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

I'm actuali havn tht ryt nw... Was abt to ask, is ths WD or r my legs rli hurtn? I dd alil walkn around today, bt mayb 50steps or less. Cud tht mk my legs so tired... H8 WD, rli... Bt endurance is key I suppose, wat otha options do we hv. #(>_<)#