Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: remember chocolate cravings?

remember chocolate cravings?

i don't know how many of us had a big chocolate craving whilst on AD's but this may explain why.
    http://owen.curezone.com/nutrition/m...tecraving.html
    Funny how magnesium is a reccommended supplement in withdrawl.

Interesting, squirrel. I must say, I take 850 mg / day of magnesium, and I still have gone through periods of intense chocolate craving *in w/d*. I'm not in one now, whatever that means. We'll see if it comes on again as the weather gets cold.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Taking some magnesium in WD may really help in chocolate cravings. The more so as many people report the worsening of symptoms after eating too much chocolate/sweets/ice-cream.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I did have the need for chocolate while on meds but when I stopped I couldnt stand the stuff. Now i can enjoy the odd piece.

That's so interesting that you couldn't stand chocolate in early w/d. Hunh! Another clue to something....

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

That's interesting because I first started craving chocolate around the time I developed a tolerance to Paxil / Aropax. I also found that if I didn't eat the high amounts of chocolate I was having, it seemed to affect my ability to sleep. When I looked into it, I discovered that chocolate has phenylaline which is a precursor to dopamine. Low levels of dopamine DO affect sleep. Dopamine is also one of three neurotransmitters (there are more than 50) that are implicated in mental illness. The others are serotonin and norepinephrine which is also known as noradrenaline.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    That's so interesting that you couldn't stand chocolate in early w/d. Hunh! Another clue to something....
    The early WD was such a monstrous hell even eating caused trauma. So did breathing, thinking and simply "being" for that matter. We have come a long way, Sheila...

It's true, Luc. I forget. You're really good at remembering this.

-- Holger Kalweit

LOL, my poor WD mind, Sheila - when I read "you couldn't stand chocolate in early w/d" to Squirrel, I read it as "I couldn't stand [...]"

Anyway, I have some tiny bit of chocolate left from yesterday, and will have it now to boost the two remaining neurons in my head.