Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice about the stomach

Advice about the stomach

I didn't have those stomach problems (I wrote about some time ago) for a week, and then they returned 48 hours ago. Though it does feel like WD (either my body's inability to deal with real viruses, etc., or the inablity + it being augmented by other symptoms), I start considering going to a doctor. What advice would you have? Having some lab work done or smilar before I go to a doctor?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Luc........

It may make you feel better, on a psychological level, to have some medical tests, lab work etc. done just to rule out other possible causes. I think it's a mistake to attribute everything to WD. In doing so, we may be neglecting taking care of a medical problem that needs some attention.

With that said, many medical tests are limited in producing concrete answers to many bodily malfunctions. Subjecting ourselves to invasive tests can, in of itself, set off our CNS. Even fasting for such tests can be hard on us. On the other hand, sometimes we must go through such testing to investigate whether there is another cause to the distress other than WD.

It's so hard to know when to hold off on testing versus when to proceed.

Have you tried any of the home remedies eg. ginger, apple cider vinegar, peppermint tea etc.? If so, do any of these remedies provide any level of relief? I do know that the apple cider vinegar is capable of killing certain types of bacteria. It may be worth a try to take a teaspoon full mixed with water and drink perhaps a few times per day but do research this to confirm how much and how many times per day.

I'm so, so sorry you are having to deal with this symptom once again. I can only speak for myself here but I find that the stomach symptoms can be one of the worst things to deal with. If it's bad enough it can render one unable to function.

Question: is your current stomach distress LESS SEVERE than prior episodes and/or are the episodes shorter in duration? If so, this may indicate that it is WD related. IF, on the other hand things are worse then it may be prudent to get some testing done.

I'm sending you soothing, calming energy right now and will also send more via Distance Reiki a bit later today. I truly hope this quickly passes for you Luc!

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

In the meantime Luc..................try to engage in as many self-soothing rituals as possible re: slow, rhythmic abdominal breathing, gently massage the stomach area, heating pad or even placing your warm hand on your stomach. Sometimes applying a bit of gentle pressure can help.

Reciting positive affirmations etc.

I know these things have all been mentioned before but I'm just sending out a few reminders since, many times when we are feeling very sick, we forget to implement such techniques.

Take very good care of yourself my friend and keep us updated.

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Thank you so much, Sam. The good news is that the current bout of it isn't worse than the previous ones. Also, going to a doctor now would stir up my system terribly - that I know for sure. I have tried out all the options (remedies) - one at a time, and it's still very stubborn. What is incredible is the fact HOW MUCH it worsens your psychological symptoms. I tell myself, though - if it always improved, it must improve now too. Bizarrely enough, also this tooth I had problems with some time ago, but that started to get better, is still there. Yes, it has improved, but the improvement stopped at a certain phase and won't even budge. It sometimes feels like the WD has us in the cross-hairs and has sick fun aiming at us - this time it hit this, the next that. Stan knows what I'm talking about - the problems he has with his ear...

Anyway, we must go through this phase, no matter what. I will wait a little bit more to see what happens with the stomach then. Thank you so much, Sam! Even talking in such situation helps a lot.

Luc.........

will respond more fully a bit later since, I need to get off-line asap because I myself am feeling very sickish to my stomach right now but I did want to quickly share that apple cider vinegar is suppose to help with some types of tooth pain and tooth infections but one dose of it won't be enough to work.

I can't remember now how much to take or how often but there is info out there and earthclinic does have reports from many people (if I remember correctly).

okay, I need to sign off but will write more a bit later if I can.

Hang in there my friend. Like you and Stan, I too experience the same dilemmas.

Samsara

Hang in there, Dear Sam! And I'm begging you to not push yourself too much these days. I will check the earthclinic for sure and will try out the apple cider vinegar for the tooth. Stay strong!

back to boiling vegetables for better digest

i have since the beginning bowels, stomac, bladder and other abdomen's organs problems;
    how do i manage it? i put every day in oil carrots, onion, potatoe, and a fish; i see i am worse in abdomen(maybe i have dryness as mouth dry?), so since yesterday i came back to my soup i eat since years, so 1,5 water, salt, potatoe, carotts, onion, garlic, tomato, and boiling and at the end some pasta, all people say there are no more vitamines, maybe, but what i experienced is i have eat this form since years and managed my digestion successfully, recent months i cooked in oil(more vitamines) and am less good with stomach bowels; so back to my boiling more digest for me
    supplement i avoid, spices no (curcuma, pepper...), fish still in oil cooking

being open, i can radically change tomorrow, nothing is written in stone by me,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Luc,

I just did a very quick search and posted some anecdotal reports from earthclinic.com re: Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) for Tooth Aches, tooth infections etc.

There are many stories to explore on the subject and it will take some time to sift through all the stories but well worth the effort.

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...=7379#post7379

Thank you, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Hang in there, Dear Sam! And I'm begging you to not push yourself too much these days. I will check the earthclinic for sure and will try out the apple cider vinegar for the tooth. Stay strong!

Thank you so much Luc! I really appreciate your concern. I'm doing a tad bit better this late afternoon, so I wanted to respond to a few posts before I call it a day.

You stay strong as well!!

Samsara