Thread: gastrointestional problems and bloating

gastrointestional problems and bloating

I wandered if anyone here whos been off these psychiatric drugs 2 years or longer are still having gastro and bloating problems? I seem to be, though i admit im not eating the best food these days with financial problems im having, it seems im bloating, i look at times almost pregnant! I also the last couple of days have bad cramping pains in my abdomen area, it will hurt and i'll hear it like turn in my stomach area , are you guys having this at 2 years or more off this??

Hey, Shane! Good to hear from you. Drop by more often. In all honesty, this symptom may go on quite long. If I also remember correctly, you ate quite a lot fast food? This type of food is a problem *even* for the people who are not in WD. If there was any chance to, at least, limit it, the symptoms would ease up a bit. How are you doing in general these days?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Nice to hear from you again,Shane!
    The w/d increases the gastro-intestinal problems but fastfood is not good, even for people who are not in w/d.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

i have these gastro problems since tapering, one day in one area, another day in other area, hopefully i can live with; it seems to be a classical even after two or three years, it is as itching, dry skin etc
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish