Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: kindling effect

Its true Luc, whe my dr said that If I was still feeling bad after 6 weeks on the cit then it must have uncovered an axiety disorder that I didnt know I had I was terrified and could NOT make sense of it.

when I feel anxiety coming on for NO REASON now I can tell myself that its my cns.

also weirdly, getting the physical symptoms soothes me becuase again it validates that if Im getting physical symtoms then the emotional ones must be connected to this too and dont belong to me.

Im just so impatient to get down in dose to see if that makes me feel better but dont worry Im waiting!!
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

How are you doing Luc? are you a paxil survivor? How long off now?
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    Its true Luc, whe my dr said that If I was still feeling bad after 6 weeks on the cit then it must have uncovered an axiety disorder that I didnt know I had I was terrified and could NOT make sense of it.
    That is their standard operating procedure, a cop-out. Like a kid caught in his room, with everything around destroyed - "well, when I came here, it had already been like that". The abhorrent mix of denial, projection, Big Pharma/reps brainwashing, and what not. The time is coming when they will look back and realize what carnage they have left in their trail. Going by this twisted logic of "uncovering an anxiety disorder"... well, if this *was* true, thanks a lot for a drug that would cause this, instead of helping.
    Last edited by Luc; 09-21-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

How are you doing Luc? are you a paxil survivor? How long off now?
    Well, I'm one of the long-termers - close to a double digit in the years of taking both SSRIs and benzos, high doses. switched between them, too. Then, coming off of cold turkey. Hell. Plus, for many reasons, having no other choice, I had to go to work during most of that time. Beyond any words can describe. In my signatures, over the years, and on previous forums, I used to write just Paxil and Xanax, mentioning more brought only more trauma.

You will heal faster, Iggy. I'm 46 months off of SSRIs and 52 months off of benzos. And it's improved considerably.

jesus, what a journey!

someone I speak to on pp went tyo see a renound pdoc who understands w/d and believes in it. He told her that with her 11 years on ssris it would be 7 years before it was all over, its nice to have the validation though eh, so theres hope for us all.

I have NO IDEA how you went to work, HOW DID YOU GO TO WORK?

I hope that 18 months is the longest I will have to suffer, I only did a coiuple of yewars on cit but now with this bad reaction.

you are a strong person luc, wow!

I take it your uk based Luc as you post in uk time?

I hope we can all help eachother validate eachother, I am a woman on a mission now, I have learned so much over the past few months and I wish I could DO something about it.

If I won the lottery I would open a rehab clinic for people suffering through this, find drs who understand or who are willing to learn, same with pdocs and CHANGE THE WORLD!

I take it your uk based Luc as you post in uk time?

Well, it's more Polish time, but still in Europe. :)

I hope we can all help eachother validate eachother, I am a woman on a mission now, I have learned so much over the past few months and I wish I could DO something about it.

Every single person can do a lot, Iggy. Informing people about the forum, sharing info, videos, blogging, commenting, helping others. Now, like *never* before in the history of mankind is the time when we, people, have so much to say, and have so many possibilities to change the current sick system. The awakening is happening on so many levels, and it is happening EVERYWHERE. Spreading the word also helps you heal, for it helps you realize how much strength you have, despite the symptoms and this whole suffering.

POlish Time?

I grew up in Poland! In Mokatow Warsaw!

I went to the Amercan School of Warsaw, I only knew very basic polish, but I lived there from 5 until I was 12.

I love Poland, really I see it as my home. I love the food and the people and the snow, and water day!

I lived around the corner from thge Polish Priminister and his armed guards used to patroll outside our house, posh eh?

I went alot to zakupane, krakow, gdansk, and gdynia, are you from anywhere near there?

We used to drive over to West Berlin for our holiodays and when the day cam I helped to knock down the berlin wall, I still have chunks of it here!

Oh and it was because my dad was in the english air force and we were posted out there

Unbelievable how small this world is...

I went alot to zakupane, krakow, gdansk, and gdynia, are you from anywhere near there?
    Yes, it's one of the cities you mentioned.