Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Types of food our bodies don't like

Types of food our bodies don't like

Let us take some polls regularly. Today, would be this question; "name those types of ingredients/foods that worsen your symptoms. I go first; carbohydrates, spicy food, cabbage, gluten, caffeine, Coke...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Don't drink coffee but when out have cuppacinos and notice that "some places" are okay and others make me bloated. I have head recently that some cafes add something to them to make them thicker. ANyhone know anything about this?

Cannot drink coke or fizzy drinks - I cannot burp and I will get bloated and wind pain.

Cannot tolerate some wheat products - like cakes, bisucuits and bread. I can eat vita brits (cereal) and a certain bread made by Bergen. I tried sour dough bread "the real thing" and it was okay however another time I bought sour dough from Bakers Delight (supposedly the real thing) but got naseaus and bloated.
    I can eat (only once a week) cake my friend makes. She uses wholemeal organic flour, half the sugar and adds things like sultanas, or aprictos, or ppumpkin scones. It is bought stuff I cannot eat and can only think it is because of the additives. We went to a cafe yeserday and was told the cakes were all home made, yet the one I had made me naseaus...

Spicy foods and MSG

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Don't drink coffee but when out have cuppacinos and notice that "some places" are okay and others make me bloated. I have head recently that some cafes add something to them to make them thicker. ANyhone know anything about this?
    Oh yes, it all differs big big time. These extra ingredients may make a world of difference, especially in the state our CNS is in.

I havent noticed any effects from foods at the moment, I would not dare trying alcohol, I feel too ill too anyway, but I know that I find warm milk comforting.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I drink de caf now but when I have a narmal coffee, sometimes it makes me feel worse and sometimes it makes me feel BETTER??? But when it has made me feel better its been when Im having a drink at a cafe so its a good day anyway if Im able to leave the house and the distraction of having company may be what makes me feel better.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    if Im able to leave the house and the distraction of having company may be what makes me feel better.
    Whenever it's possible, use such opportunities to the fullest. If it takes your mind off of WD, that is really good.

yes, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt eh? Im going to take my son to the park in 10 minutes because Im not feeling TOO bad, Im not feeling fine, of course not but I dont want my boy to suffer just because I am. But I must remember not to have a go on a swing, tried that a while ago, not a good idea, DP all the way home. In fact even pushing him on a swing spins my head out, woooaaahhhhhhh!!!

ii eat all, have some problems but until today seem to arrive to live with
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Can't eat cheese -- my favorite food -- because of sinus. Have had overactive histamine reaction throughout w/d, slowly getting better.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I forgot about milk. Used to drink gallons of it no worries. Went onto lactose free and now is good. Heard recently that the have been ADDING SOMETHING TO OUR MILK NOW! I think they have been taking all the cream out, leaving watery milk and adding something to make it thicker. They never did put it on the label, either. I sometimes wonder about bought food with all its additives - if they can't kill us with a/d's maybe then with the food!