Thread: homeopathy

homeopathy

Just wondered if anyone has tried this?

i tried homeopathy during early withdrawal, but too short time and see no effects, in worse or better, but at that time i was totally disrupted, nothing was functioning; and have doubt about that
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Haven't tried it either. Are you thinking about it, Squirrel?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

yes Luc i went on saturday i was given a remedy and got to go back in 2 weeks. I am very sceptical but thought was no harm in giving it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    yes Luc i went on saturday i was given a remedy and got to go back in 2 weeks. I am very sceptical but thought was no harm in giving it a go.
    And rightly so. Trying it out is a good idea. Please, keep us updated on that one.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I tried several things and was under treatment of a homeopathic doctor in the first, horrific year of WD (2008). He gave me Back blossom, several supplements and other homeopathic drops.
    I never experienced any effects from it, though it is impossible to say how I would have been without it. But looking at my extreme long , tedious and painful road, I can safely say that homeopath did not do a thing for me, only costed my pretty much money.
    Maybe homeopathy has its value but IMHO not in curing WD syndrome.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

the Homeopath i am seeing is treating me as a whole and not just withdrawl stuff so we will see. I will keep you posted

normal homeopathy is treating you as a whole, or it is not homeopathy, the withdrawal being most big part in it
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Homeopathy was good for me before my withdrawal.I did not notice any benefits during the w/d....
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

squirrel - did you see this thread?

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...fective&p=6458

I'm taking some homeopathy for my sinus, which has been a very severe w/d symptom for me, preventing sleep at times. I picked some remedies out for myself, which is not nearly as good as consulting an expert. And I *think* they've helped, but I'm not sure.

I know Dédé is also using some homeopathy.

Françoise -- that's interesting that you thought it was helpful before w/d, but not after.

squirrel -- do, please report back to us on your experience.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit