Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Being Sick

Being Sick

OK, So today is BAD, I woke up feeling quite anxious and then I had bad nausea and now I am vomiting, in bed, bad headache I feel SO weak and my head feels full of rocks.

No one else in the house is ill and this feels like w/d to me. Oh its horrible.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

All the symptoms you are describing surely sound like WD, though there is also a possibility of some real stomach problems going on (virus, bad food, etc.) on top of WD. Of course, I don't rule out the possibility it's just WD. Did you have any change in your diet, or ate something heavy these days, Iggy?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

no more than usual Luc, I have also sunk into yet another deep deep depression.

Your video was really good and made me cry alot, but Luc, at the end you say 'we have healed' and yet you and sheila have NOT healed, even after all this time. It makes me doubt that I will ever recover if everyone who says they are healed are just saying that small improvements have been made,

Im back to the thinking of I wish I was dead, I cant see ANY point to living this life and mourning the person I used to be, its too much I cannot bear the pain anymore.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

We spent on those drugs much longer than you, Iggy. Plus, even if we're not there yet, there is no doubt it *has improved*. If I were to compare how it was for me even a year ago, not to mention further back, the difference is really significant. And it keeps improving. In the video I also speak for those of us, "ADs survivors", who have healed completely. Many of them though, very often want to move on with their lives, so only some are back to the SSRIs forums to tell their recovery story.

Most of this stuff you're experiencing right now is, of course, WD. Yet, any, even very very slight, indigestion, virus, etc., make it monstrously more severe. But it won't last forever. What really helps is, on your better day, writing on a piece of paper "I felt relief!". And then, when you are in the thick of it, to be able to look at it. It helps to get through the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    no more than usual Luc, I have also sunk into yet another deep deep depression.

Your video was really good and made me cry alot, but Luc, at the end you say 'we have healed' and yet you and sheila have NOT healed, even after all this time. It makes me doubt that I will ever recover if everyone who says they are healed are just saying that small improvements have been made,

Im back to the thinking of I wish I was dead, I cant see ANY point to living this life and mourning the person I used to be, its too much I cannot bear the pain anymore.
    Iggy, please don't give up on the brink of a miracle. My heart goes out to you and everyone else on this site. What video are you talking about? Things will get better so please believe that.

@ Luc, from reading the site you seem to help out a lot! Do you know of any links to success stories on adverse reactions? Did the people go back to living a normal life again100%? I could really use one right now.

Iggy -- I am so, so, so, so much better than I was in early w/d. I am battle weary, and I am not having a full life yet, but I am infinitely better than you are at this moment. You cannot assess your past, present, or future from the stateyou are in right now. You're being rocked by chemical chaos. Don't trust your own opinion on anything. Just talk kindly to yourself and wait.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Welcome, m&m -- Please consider starting a Journal thread in the Journal sub-forum, so more people see you and respond to you.

Charly Goenendijk had an adverse reaction and fully recovered. Have you come across his antidepressantfacts.com site?

I have seen many other people go through adverse reactions and recover 100%.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Welcome to IAWP, M&M. Yes, people do heal after adverse reactions, and usually faster than the long-termers. There is no doubt about it. It takes lots of patience, but, through waves and windows, it will be improving. To help you better, the more info on your situation we have, the better. And you would be able to see your own progress when going through the journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Welcome, m&m -- Please consider starting a Journal thread in the Journal sub-forum, so more people see you and respond to you.

Charly Goenendijk had an adverse reaction and fully recovered. Have you come across his antidepressantfacts.com site?

I have seen many other people go through adverse reactions and recover 100%.

Yes, it's one of the first things I found. At that time I was in the "beginning stages" and was in sheer terror so I guess I overlooked a few things. If I remember correctly I think I sent an e-mail to the site administrator and never received a reply :-(

Thanks Luc, I will try and set up the journal when I get home today. I am 7 months out from my date of adverse reaction. This weekend was hard. Thanks for saying hello guys.