Thread: Inflammation

Hybrid View

Brilliant, annie! That's great that you got relief! And that was very clever of you to translate the complaint into something that would get you what you needed, instead of struggling with someone else's prejudices. Very strategic!

And, yes, looking at this travail as a re-birth is a very productive was of re-framing it -- again turning it into something you can benefit from.

You're allowing yourself to strategize and get more of what you want!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Great news, Annie! Had you had any acupuncture before it?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

yes, I've had quite a bit in the past, but the acupuncture I got for my knee was at a new clinic. I don't have insurance now, so I went to this new clinic because it is low cost and has students doing the needles (with dr. supervision).
    Several years ago, I had gone to a very respected Chinese dr. and at one particular visit, had very good results for depression (it made me a believer in acupuncture); no doubt he is a highly skilled acupuncturist. But later, I came to find out this dr. is of the "no pain no gain" philosophy and the more the needle hurts the "better."
    It is serendipity that I can't afford him right now because his approach is so aggressive and i think that is not the way to go in w/d.
    Fortuitously, in going to the teaching clinic, the students are much more conservative and cautious not to cause pain.