Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Inflammation

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    I will go one better, Annie - about 14-15 years ago, in my pre-ADs life, I had been prescribed a handsome amount of NSAIDS. After 10 days, I started to experience pains and cramps in my stomach, which very fast got worse, eventually leading to stomach perforation - leading to emergency surgery (I was hanging by the thread). Miraculously saved by the very medicine... that led to the situation in the first place. Crazy stuff. Curiously enough, I had been prescribed those drugs for my back pain ("slipped disc"), which, at some point, turned out to be total misdiagnosis. It's since then that I realized what sham most of medicine is. But, what has really driven the point home was the truth about ADs. What total world of lies we live in...
    Oh my god Luc. That is just ... well I don't have words... I'm just so sorry you had to go through all that.

It's funny. My mother was anti-meds and pro-natural remedies 35 years ago. She was well ahead of her time. But being a teenager when she first started really pushing it on me, I rebelled. We used to have wholemeal bread and I hated it. I wanted to have WHITE bread like everyone else. Anyhow, I went the other way and went for meds and The Establishment. I also couldn't understand why, when she suffered depression, she wouldn't take the tablets. I mean, ok, so you hate putting chemicals in your body but you are really suffering? Don't you want to get well?

It's a funny world because she admits to embracing western medicine a lot more now and I've gone the other way! Not to an extremist point of view though. I just think it's 'horses for courses'. If you have a broken arm, or need surgery, then western medicine has a lot to offer. But for other things, sometimes a natural approach is better.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    If you have a broken arm, or need surgery, then western medicine has a lot to offer. But for other things, sometimes a natural approach is better.
    Would you believe, after my local doctor of 4 years telling me to go back up to 20m each time I tried to get off the stuff and my getting very annoyed and angry - finally admitted to me that doctors can fix broken arms/legs, take out an appendix, but for other things ..... not much they can do! I think that was a s close as I could get to it, yet he still refused to taper me, spinning the old tale about brain needing the chemical like a diabetic needs insulin, etc. It was then that I found another doctor.

On the point about your mum, I have just remembered my mother was anti-doctors - but for other reasons - she was a heavy smoker and drinker and I guess he would just tell her to quit! All she ever took was her bex every morning. When she went to hospital at age 70+ they were amazed she was not on ANY MEDS!
    In fact, they wouldn't believe her! She ate baked dinners once a week cooked in fat, fish n chips more than once a week cooked in fat, ate butter all her life, was brought up on bread and fat! It was the smokes that killed her in the end and the alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    But for other things, sometimes a natural approach is better.
    Curiously enough, in the past, I used to be a strident follower and believer in all the medicine had to offer. Any mention of a "natural" way would make me automatically want just end the conversation with those advocating it. Oh, how it's changed...

And yes, I keep repeating it too... As far as treating physical trauma, and couple of others, Western medicine is unparalleled.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

And yes, I keep repeating it too... As far as treating physical trauma, and couple of others, Western medicine is unparalleled.
    It's funny because modern psychology claims to be "the science of the brain and behaviour", obviously sticking to the western mantra of "we are good at science and technology". Yet it is also embracing, and having great success with Mindfulness, which is actually a Buddhist thing! Go figure!
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

May I also add that in early WD the joint pain (in the knees too) was unbearable in my case. Though it's still there, its intensity has been, even if slowly, going down. In recent months, I have been going the self-acupressure route - to help the blood circulation.
    Luc--I think you had posted something about the endocrine system on this site, but now I can't find it. Can you direct me to that? I was wondering what you think is the relationship between AD and joint pain.

There's a chance it might be this thread;

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...ight=endocrine

This is a very interesting list of symptoms for hypothyroidism. ADs have a severe impact on thyroid;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hyp...CTION=symptoms

Joint pain is there.

It might still be just one small element of the puzzle. There sure are more explanations, and quite a bunch of those we will learn of only in the time to come.

One thing for sure - those who designed those drugs must have tried *very hard* to make it *very effective*. And by "effective" I mean "destructive" here.

Thanks the the links Luc. I love your humor-- "by effective I mean destructive." Now I know why we're on the same wave length--it's that Orwellian irony.("it would be hard for Winston to accept . . .") I'm a big fan of George O. 1984 was overly optimistic. haha. Well, then again, it's hard to beat that last image for pessimism--the boot stamping. I do think that the current drugging of society is very related to 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    I do think that the current drugging of society is very related to 1984.
    It goes one better, Annie - the Aldous Huxley Brave New World is even more spot-on, with its dystopic pharmacologic hell of human biorobots. This whole stuff is not even a matter of "predicting" the future, but planning/engineering it by those who have most leverage on it. In Huxley's *own* words;

"And it seems to me perfectly in the cards that there will be within the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing ⦠a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda, brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods."

One thing is not accurate in this picture, though - the word "painless". http://archive.org/details/AldousHux...mateRevolution In this link, there's also *audio* to it.

Have you watched THX 1138 by George Lucas? It was his directorial debut. This one is also very powerful. But, in the end, the main character is able to break out of his prison, and so we will, too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THX_1138

It all might be very scary, but the existence of places like ours, and many others, brings some more optimism about the future.

great Huxley quote. I'm too old to change my dark sense of humor now. But laughing is sometimes the only light in the dark, and I find myself laughing out loud a lot. I was glad to see the new humor thread.

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    great Huxley quote. I'm too old to change my dark sense of humor now. But laughing is sometimes the only light in the dark, and I find myself laughing out loud a lot. I was glad to see the new humor thread.
    Dark humour rules! If one can use it, it means they are still able to distance themselves from looking at things too literally. Besides, on a psychological level, it helps.
    Last edited by Luc; 11-30-2012 at 11:57 PM.