Thread: nausea

nausea

I just discovered that having a big spoonful plain yogurt helps take the edge off the naseau. My naseau at present is not so severe I cannot eat, but enough to be a discomfit - I have that "sick feeling" in stomach and the yoghurt alleviates that so that I can eat and enjoy it.

Good discovery, gD! And a helpful tip for others.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

GrandmaD, I remember those days. After my adverse reaction I was so ill, so so ill. My mom would come by my house and bring food from my favorite restaurant.... but I couldn't even bare to look at it or smell it. She would insist I take at least a bite, so I would but soon be running to hug the porcelain. In the early days food felt like pure slime in my mouth. I threw up for months! Not exaggerating... on a daily basis for months!!!! It was so horrible. I relied on greek yogurt and lots of filtered water during those days. I would agree with the yogurt, the thicker the better (greek has more protien as well). Protein shakes have also helped. I use 8 oz of filtered water, 2 scoops protein, 1 scoop ground flax seed, and whatever fruit I have (usually a berry blend or bannana).

Gawd, how horrible, m&m. You really went through hell. Thank goodness that is past. That's very interesting that you also found yogurt helpful!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I have just made my own yoghurt to see how it works! The naseau is much better today and I enjoyed my lunch! Wow, I tell you, this w/d teaches you to enjoy the SIMPLE things
    Like a good meal
    A good sleep
    Being able to walk without pain and puffing
    Indoor toilets (esp. if you are throwing up!)
    A hot shower
    Clean clothes
    A comfortable warm bed
    A good partner
    Good friends
    That's all I expect from life nowdays!
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

How do you make your own yogurt? Sounds interesting.

i still have nausea at 27 months drug free, its a rough symptom i know, i will try the yogurt, thanks for the tip!!