Thread: Acupuncture

Hybrid View

Very interesting that the calming from the acupuncture allowed you to get this insight about the Remeron. Great tip about how to find an acupuncturist who knows about drug withdrawal! And for low / no fee. 2-4 times a week is a nice amount.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Briefly, in the 80's I was severely anemic and had an advanced case of systemic candida. Also I had symptoms of a bladder infection for one year, with no bacteria showing up in lab tests. when a doctor offered me an anasthetic for my bladder, I gave up on western allopathic medicine in disgust. I sought out acupuncture, as I had used it previously for sciatica resulting from an old ballet class injury. she told me it would take some time, which it did, but I got better, and had a kid. I do not think I would have been strong enough to carry a baby to full term without the acupuncture. Interestingly, I first tried Paxil after said kid's father drove off the road with him, and got on Prozac after an abortion.
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA
    The Inner Light - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8DQknrOOc

Acupuncture also used to help me quite a bit with my severe PMMD and menstrual cramps, but it was expensive and eventually I got on A/D's for that, because I could get them free from the free clinic.
    But there's no such thing as a free lunch!!!
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA
    The Inner Light - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8DQknrOOc