Thread: Exercise

Hybrid View

exercise, my walking since a while:

i go outdoor for the first time in afternoon(i try to sleep morning), very heavy chest, heart, spine and shoulders pains, have to stop each 10/15 steps and rest 2 minutes, it is very difficult, after half an hour or one hour, i am able to walk 50 steps to 100 steps and with mild stopping resting, mild pain;
    if i go home, and go outdoor again, heavy pain as before until one hour and then much more easy to walk
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I would like to mention water aerobics again. The water buoyancy takes the weight off my knee. You can even do it with a float device belt in the deep end--so zero stress on joints. They say that for arthritis type pain, being immobile is not good, but most exercise hurts the joints, except for water aerobics.
    I live in a very grey cloudy winter area and walking outdoors helps the SADD enormously--even when overcast there is far more available light outdoors than indoors.
    There is more to the water class though--I haven't been as happy as I am there in a long time and that is because of the music and the comradery. Many of those who take the class have physical issues. It's basically dancing underwater so I don't have my body self-consciousness issues. Very uninhibited, care free and fun.
    Like a lot of things, the challenge is getting there.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)