Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Horrible anxiety upon waking up

Horrible anxiety upon waking up

Hey guys, wondered if anyone has this symptom ar 27 months or longer drug free, i just woke up and i'm depressed and extremly fearful, its a rough symptom, i must be getting better, cause i used to wake up shaking, and don't do that at least anymore. How are you guys with this symptom

Quote Originally Posted by zoloft25 View Post
    Hey guys, wondered if anyone has this symptom ar 27 months or longer drug free, i just woke up and i'm depressed and extremly fearful, its a rough symptom, i must be getting better, cause i used to wake up shaking, and don't do that at least anymore. How are you guys with this symptom
    Great to hear there's progress, Shane! It will keep getting better and better.

This (especially morning) anxiety, or should I say *terror* in early WD, is one of the most common symptoms. And even though it is also incredibly stubborn, it *does* improve over time. How are you doing in general these days?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Shane – I definitely had this symptom bad for a long time. In the beginning it was so bad, I would wake up very early and immediately have to go poop – I was running such a surge of adrenaline – and then it was impossible to go back to sleep. I was extremely anxious, heart racing, horrifyingly afraid, muscles prepared for nuclear attack.

This got better very slowly. I can now wake and meditate (simply focusing on releasing thoughts and muscles, and on breathing) and fall back to sleep.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Dave here, had that feeling this morning...I haven't took ADs for long, had them three or four tyms nd a few sleeping p pill yet iv had all the symptoms tht most ppl had, my question is, since I haven't been taking much of these ADs hw long will this withdrawal go on? M constantly dizzy bt I cn fight my anxiety thru out the day. Hw long will this last? Nd is there any advice

Hey, Dave. Welcome to IAWP! Considering you didn't take ADs for long, you will be getting better relatively quick. For many folks out there the worst anxiety happens in the morning. Did you take one or more ADs? Which exactly? You also mention sleeping pills (benzo) - what were those (names)?

If you remembered the exact time you started taking them (ADs and benzo) and stopping, whether you stopped cold turkey or weaned off of them, plus the dosage you were on, and what was the exact reason your doctor prescribed them for you, this would all very important for us to be able to help you.

Additionally, you could also start your thread in Journals, in which you could keep an update on your symptoms, etc. This way it would make monitoring your progress even better.

Welcome Dave! Please consider starting a thread in the Journals subforum with the answers to Luc's questions. That will help us help you better. Your body is healing already from the drugs. You will recover.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Iv only took these poisen for 3days or 4. Took a few sleeping pills "beta-sleep". I'm having horrible withdrawal symptoms, iv had almst evrythng frm brain zaps to extreme drepression nd paranoia. Memory issues as well. Hw long till I recovery from this considering tht I only had these ADs for alil period of time. And wat exactly cn I do to better the symptoms? Nd, will I end up losing my mind? Cz I get thoz thots almst evry min of the day... Ths sucks! I h8 WD. Cnt live alone anymre. Wud appreci8 sum enlightenment frm u guys who have been off thse ADs for years, hw bad r ur WDs at a scale frm 1-10? It shames me to say ths bt I'm only on day 4! The horror I'm goin thru as I tipe ths is jst dragn me down. #tried opening a thread bt I cudnt

Was on Serdep 50mg for 3days, abanol 2mg, two days twice a day. Sleeping pills called "beta sleep" bt thoz r harmless cz I had them b4 nd I went months wthout them nd neva experienced ths. #hope thts enuf details.

When you started taking them, Dave, it was then that you felt those intense symptoms for the first time, or they appeared after you had discontinued the drugs? If you felt the worsening while taking them, it looks like you may have had an adverse reaction. Also, what was the original reason you had them prescribed for by a doctor?

You will be healing from it. And much faster than some of us here - the long-termers. The most important thing is that you stay away from any these type of drugs to allow your body as much room for healing as possible.

I felt ths way after I stopd, cz I jst stopd, ddnt take any of the pills. Then a day later began Withdrawing, today is my worst luc! Gosh I cnt even explain it, was thnkn of seeing a psychiatrist tmrw morning as soon as possible coz I'm even thnkn of goin bck to the med bt I knw thts jst goin bck to poison. Today is jst horrible man...tryna tough it out bt it seems lik I'm losing the battle. How long wud u estimate my WD to last? And hw bad are your WDs since uv been off way too longer then iv been. And is this the only way of contact? Isn't there a faster way, a chatroom of sum sort. Wud appreci8 all the support nd advice you guys can give, and I wna say, I respect u guys much for getn as far as yall hav got, tht mustv took some pretty hard work cause damn!!! This is quite a nitemare! I went "cold turkey" I suppose cz I ddnt knw any of this. Dnt knw much abt WD or half the abbreviations u guys use. Hweva m well aware tht I'm suffering frm WD bt dnt get why its so intense if I only had so little of it. I was hvn severe migraines and anxiety, my doc told me to take the pills he gave while I was in hospital, I ddnt knw anythng abt them,jst wantd to get better. I askd him if they had withdrawal tho, he smiled nd said "no no david,they dnt , dnt worry"... Now m suffering 4 letn tht happn. Wat steps shud I take nw? I cnt jst sit all day in my house suffering lik ths. All I do is watch series, hardly enjoy watchn them, i force myslf to eat so I dnt lose any more energy, I drink alota water. Nd I read alota articles on the internet... Wat advice cn u offer, and is seeing a psychiatrist a good idea?