Thread: Derealization

Derealization

since the beginning of my taper, i am in derealization, in my house it is bearable, but as soon as i go out, the fear and derealization is here, in grocery too,
    i feel as i am not in the same world as people around me, as if i look behind a window, since the time it is scary; all this is withdrawal,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

That is one awesome emoticon you found there, Stan....

The derealization is a really bizarre, awful symptom. I had not experienced it before w/d. It was really bad in early w/d. Now, I only experience it once every few months if I am doing a lot or doing something unfamiliar.

I hope you will have some improvement on this very soon.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Still lots of derealization of going on here, even at the time when I don't have to see the tax forms. It's basically a 24/7. It needs to be remembered, though, I'm a double c/t, so will still need some more time to improve further. When in the windows, DR and DP lift up a bit, luckily. Unluckily I've been in the wave for quite a time now, but hanging in here. Stan, it will be getting better - you've tapered, so you may expect THE improvement very soon. Sheila, so good to read it's more occasional now in your case. It will eventually fizzle out, and to the point of derealization NO more.

Luc, wat symptoms r u stil hvn? Nd, iv used ADs for abt 3days, serdep50mg. I'm hvn WD, hectic, experienced evrythng most ppl hv, my question is, hw long will my WD last considering hw little my doses nd use were. I'm only on day 3 of WD.

I thought I had got a lot better in that area, well I still think I have, but was surprised yesterday when it returned. For me, it comes with the head issues and yesterday I had a painful head with the head banging sensation. Do you get bad heads, Stan?

i have only ear deaf, blocked feelings, and as in a dream, not present with environment, hopefully it is less some days; i have not painful head, banging sensation
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

Quote Originally Posted by dave 23 View Post
    Luc, wat symptoms r u stil hvn? Nd, iv used ADs for abt 3days, serdep50mg. I'm hvn WD, hectic, experienced evrythng most ppl hv, my question is, hw long will my WD last considering hw little my doses nd use were. I'm only on day 3 of WD.
    My symptoms have improved a lot, even though I am not there yet. But I was on more than one drug, for a very long time, *and* cold turkeyed then all. You will be healing incomparably faster.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Stan, I found this interesting article on the subject. http://www.sound-mind.org/depersonalization.html

I hate that you are still going through the derealization. Praying for you.

many thanks, M&M,

i have read many stories, blogs about, contrary what is said in the page of the blog you mention, i have read elsewhere in french that the sleep deprivation takes the derealization away, but we have to sleep, i experience this myself;
    for me no sleep lessen DP/DR and much sleep also; the two extrem apparently; hopefully, some days it is better for no reason