Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety gone - DP/DR Worse Please help me!!!

Anxiety gone - DP/DR Worse Please help me!!!

Im not doing well at all. My Anxiety is basically gone, but my DP/DR is so bad I cant take it anymore. It litterally feels like im losing touch with reality. Please I need reassurance that these things cant happen to me please

1. Really loose touch with reality
    2. Complete memory loss
    3. Going either crazy, psychotic, schitzo or any other mental disorder

I have extreme fatigue now, its almost like I dont care anymore, I cant explain it its a really weird feeling. I have apathy, no emotions and it feels like im going to loose it and loose touch with reality. It feels like im not here seriously and i cant remember anymore, familiiar things dont look familiar anymore, please I dont want to go crazy should I go on meds or will this go away on its own? Please promise me this cant happen :'( It feels like im losing myself like I dont know who I am anymore. What is happening to me

I dont have any halluciniations or anthing just to be clear....

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Dear Needinghelp, you are not going crazy! Your symptomes are only withdrawal side effects and they will not last. However you need time(Easier to say than to do, I know).
    Believe me I have had the symptomes you describe and they ruined my life .Now I still have problems of anxiety, fear...but they are more manageable.
    Hang in ,we are with you!
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Thank you so much Cosette. My anxiety is gone, so I dont understand why my DR is even worse. I feel so hopeless

Yes, it's WD, and *not* real you. It's scary - I know, but each and every symptom you mention *is* WD. It *does* get better. I realise that intuitively you try to fight those symptoms (everyone in WD does), but, if only possible, some way of accepting it may help a bit. Don't get me wrong, Needinghelp. By "accepting" it I simply mean not fighting it. I assure you it's WD. 100%.

You also wrote "My anxiety is gone, so I dont understand why my DR is even worse". It's absolutely normal in WD - when one element gets better, the other goes awry. That is why comparing WD to solving the Rubik's Cube is so apt. Hang in there!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

So its impossible to develop psychosis from withdrawal or loose touch with reality?

Its really hard Luc, I feel like I have it so bad I dont know why. I see my dizziness is also a bit better and the heart palpitations... But the head pressure, DP/DR and confusion is worse. Luc can it get any worse than now? I pray not. I hope i have reached the max and that it will only get better from here.

hi Needinghelp,

i have today derealization depersonalization, it is cyclical

unfortunately, your anxiety will come back(with time less intense) and derealization lessen, and then derealization come again, as the rubik's cube from Luc, it is a merry-go-round which normally lessen and lessen; we call this waves, withdrawal; it will be more bearable with time, each people pass this;
    when it is almost gone, we feel well well....!

so it will go away
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

NH -- It is absolutely impossible for you to go crazy from this. You are just going to *feel* like you're going crazy. But you're not.

You're experiencing severe anxiety. It's a feeling. It's a torturous feeling, but it's just a feeling, not evidence of anything more sinister.

I went through a period in early w/d when my memory got really, really bad. It was scary. But it didn't last long, and that severe memory problem never happened again. This is very common.

I don't know if you know this, but it is very, very common in recovery from these meds to become fixated on something. Some people become fixated on an old wrong that was done to them. Some people become fixated on a fear of some specific thing that will happen to them. The specific fear varies from person to person. I have had this. It's awful. The fixation is so strong that you are sure that a) you have to do something about it right now, or b) the drastic thing you fear is about to happen right now.

But, it is an illusion! It's just an intense, specific fear that is not realistic. I think that the fear of going crazy might be the form this common fixation is taking for you. I hope this helps you see it as a symptom itself, and not real information about you.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

My anxiety is back and I now have extreme dizziness it almost feels like in my head its so bad feels like im going to faint and its not letting up :'( I also feel like i have a fever but i dont and i just feel so sick will i ever feel well again how long more must i take of this i cant :'( how long still am i going to suffer like this :'( Does this ever end??

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Yes this will end.You are just in the depth of withdrawal but it will not last. You only need time (And the IAWP friendship support!)
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Yes, it will end, Needinghelp. I know it doesn't feel like it right now, the symptoms being so intense. But, please remember, it's *not* real you. It's *WD*. The "fainting" feeling, the "fever", dizziness, these are all WD-symptoms. They are scary, but they do get better and better with time.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.