Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Horrible anxiety upon waking up

I dont have this symptom anymore for quite some time now

Quote Originally Posted by dave 23 View Post
    I felt ths way after I stopd, cz I jst stopd, ddnt take any of the pills. Then a day later began Withdrawing, today is my worst luc! Gosh I cnt even explain it, was thnkn of seeing a psychiatrist tmrw morning as soon as possible coz I'm even thnkn of goin bck to the med bt I knw thts jst goin bck to poison. Today is jst horrible man...tryna tough it out bt it seems lik I'm losing the battle. How long wud u estimate my WD to last? And hw bad are your WDs since uv been off way too longer then iv been. And is this the only way of contact? Isn't there a faster way, a chatroom of sum sort. Wud appreci8 all the support nd advice you guys can give, and I wna say, I respect u guys much for getn as far as yall hav got, tht mustv took some pretty hard work cause damn!!! This is quite a nitemare! I went "cold turkey" I suppose cz I ddnt knw any of this. Dnt knw much abt WD or half the abbreviations u guys use. Hweva m well aware tht I'm suffering frm WD bt dnt get why its so intense if I only had so little of it. I was hvn severe migraines and anxiety, my doc told me to take the pills he gave while I was in hospital, I ddnt knw anythng abt them,jst wantd to get better. I askd him if they had withdrawal tho, he smiled nd said "no no david,they dnt , dnt worry"... Now m suffering 4 letn tht happn. Wat steps shud I take nw? I cnt jst sit all day in my house suffering lik ths. All I do is watch series, hardly enjoy watchn them, i force myslf to eat so I dnt lose any more energy, I drink alota water. Nd I read alota articles on the internet... Wat advice cn u offer, and is seeing a psychiatrist a good idea?
    Doctors won't admit (many don't even realize) there's anything like WD - at least not to the extent people suffer from it.

What needs to be remembered is that everyone's WD may differ - the length, intensity, type of symptoms, etc. Though, the shorter time you spent on the drugs, the better. If you go to a doctor, s/he will put you on the drugs again.

There's no doubt you will be improving, however terrible you are feeling these days.

There is a good chance that what you are going through right now is the worst of the worst, and that your body will soon be catching on. Paradoxically, the symptoms you are experiencing are a sign of healing - your system starting to fix the result of the drugs. Considering you spent on them so short, the improvement may be not that far off.

Unfortunately, we don't have a chatroom, and this way of communicating is the only one available.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
    I dont have this symptom anymore for quite some time now
    That is great to hear, Needinghelp. Looks like, despite other symptoms, your body is fighting good fight.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Dave -- the odds are very good that you will start feeling better very soon. It seems clear that your body does not like these meds, and you should stay away from them now. You're doing really good things by eating to keep your strength up, drinking a lot of water, and trying to distract and entertain yourself. I would not push myself and go to the big public places for a few days, as you mentioned doing on another thread.

Right now, what you can do to help yourself is try to be very gentle and compassionate with yourself. Try to rest. Can you sleep?

Here on the site, look at uplifting and entertaining threads in "Spirit and Psi" "Start-ups" and "Joe Sent Me"

Why did you take the meds in the first place?

You are going to feel better. Try to breathe deeply and relax your muscles and be kind to yourself.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit