Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
I will go one better, Annie - about 14-15 years ago, in my pre-ADs life, I had been prescribed a handsome amount of NSAIDS. After 10 days, I started to experience pains and cramps in my stomach, which very fast got worse, eventually leading to stomach perforation - leading to emergency surgery (I was hanging by the thread). Miraculously saved by the very medicine... that led to the situation in the first place. Crazy stuff. Curiously enough, I had been prescribed those drugs for my back pain ("slipped disc"), which, at some point, turned out to be total misdiagnosis. It's since then that I realized what sham most of medicine is. But, what has really driven the point home was the truth about ADs. What total world of lies we live in...
Oh my god Luc. That is just ... well I don't have words... I'm just so sorry you had to go through all that.

It's funny. My mother was anti-meds and pro-natural remedies 35 years ago. She was well ahead of her time. But being a teenager when she first started really pushing it on me, I rebelled. We used to have wholemeal bread and I hated it. I wanted to have WHITE bread like everyone else. Anyhow, I went the other way and went for meds and The Establishment. I also couldn't understand why, when she suffered depression, she wouldn't take the tablets. I mean, ok, so you hate putting chemicals in your body but you are really suffering? Don't you want to get well?

It's a funny world because she admits to embracing western medicine a lot more now and I've gone the other way! Not to an extremist point of view though. I just think it's 'horses for courses'. If you have a broken arm, or need surgery, then western medicine has a lot to offer. But for other things, sometimes a natural approach is better.