Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Physical exertion is a huge factor in WD - sometimes, doing even just a little bit too much can cause an avalanche of symptoms. But it then settles down.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Make sure you don't get over-heated, and drink a lot of water. You may have to do ten minutes of gardening, wait two hours, then another ten minutes. Something like that.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yes, you are right, I decided today that I would try 15mins and then come inside and sit/rest which I have done. The headache finally went overnight and I still have a pressure head, moderate which has not gone high as a result of the bit of weeding I did with an upright weeder so I don't have to bend. I am treading slowly. I will wait till after lunch to have another go at some watering. It is very hot already and I notice that affects me also, so have put the water bottle on the bench again (I used to do that and it worked well) to remind me.

One of the trickiest things about over-exertion is that it hits you only some time afterwards. With time though, it is possible to learn at what moment some rest is needed.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Sounds like you're getting a good system going, gD!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Well, I went down to 2.5% taper in the hope I can have some sort of "life" and do things so I am determined to find a way to get to garden! I found that 15mins gave me a pressure head afterwards. I am still taking the nasal spray in case it is also to do with allergies. I had a "rest day" yesterday and did nothing. I think I will do this for the time being, just every 2nd day and back to 10mins but so hard to get anything done in that time.

After yesterday's rest day, I woke up this am with mild head pressure, which is good, I can think better and cope okay. I did 15mns this am but could feel the build up and that was due to the fact it was too hot already at 8.30am. I went out again this arvo and again, too hot and got the throbbibng head, so stuck my head under the cold shower and lied down and I hae recuperated somewhat now. It is going to be trial error, but definitely have to get up and get outside before 8am and wait until after sundown at night.

Had a shocker of a night with insomnia and extreme revving of nerves/vibrations and only 4 hours sleep, but after lunch instead of lying on lounge went to bed and slept for aolmost 2 hours, so that was good. Naseau has come back enough to be a nuisance and uncomfortable but I can still eat, provided it is the right thing. I just ate some plain yoghurt as I had take Mylanta for indigestion lat night, and it improved.
    Last edited by grandmaD; 10-31-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: to add my snail!

i have the exertion thing, and some days are better, actually they are one or two days per month, it is not much but it gives hope;
    the head pressure i do not have since the beginning of taper, or very very little; but suddenly at 3 years and a half i become deaf from one ear and tinnitus, and since have the two ears swollen like, blocked like
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

You're figuring it out, gD. Heat is a killer for us. Our cooling systems just don't work very well. Cooling yourself down mechanically (eg cool shower) was a very good idea.

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i have the exertion thing, and some days are better, actually they are one or two days per month, it is not much but it gives hope;
    the head pressure i do not have since the beginning of taper, or very very little; but suddenly at 3 years and a half i become deaf from one ear and tinnitus, and since have the two ears swollen like, blocked like
    I can now cleary say the exertion thing makes everything worse! I am going to have to learn to adjust my lifestyle. Today is a "rest day", just sitting. You are very lucky to escape the rotten head pressure, as it affects everything. I have had tinnitus since after I went on the ad's but it got 3 levels worse with w/d. The deafness? Is that w/d related to you think? What do drs. say? I have narrow ear canals apparently. What I am experiencing lately is new, a sort of big drum banging sound now and then and pulsating in left ear. I figure it is part of it. Does this mean you need hearing aid now?

I can now say for sure that heat gets to me. I get hot flushes and presume they are post menopause, but I also get very agitated, and feel bad.

I have to the cold thing again in bed, like ice, but as soon as I move - only seconds later I am warm again. I seem to get very cold at times or very hot. I didn not realise this was a w/d thing, but appears to be from what you said, Sheila. There seems to be no end to it1